-
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapula View Post
I have both. I can drive local roads without my hands on the wheel. I can drive 85 miles per hour on a two lane highway without my hands on the wheel and drive on the freeway without my hands on the wheel.
Where one takes over, I have no idea.
Good Lord, I always have my hands on the steering wheel

And I mostly stay off the freeway and take highway 9…
      09-01-2024, 11:32 AM   #112
Scrapula
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Good Lord, I always have my hands on the steering wheel

And I mostly stay off the freeway and take highway 9…
I also take highway 9. On the straight parts, I’m hands free except for the roundabouts in Arlington. I like doing roundabouts.
Appreciate 4
ToddRGuy1469.50
///M TOWN31260.00
SkykingUSA2595.50
      09-01-2024, 05:39 PM   #113
///M TOWN
-
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2  [9.20]
Quote:
I also take highway 9. On the straight parts, I’m hands free except for the roundabouts in Arlington. I like doing roundabouts.

I drive like a Boss….

There’s no way a self driving car can drive like I do… Not in a million years

09-01-2024, 08:20 PM   #114
SkykingUSA
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 eDrive40

Garage List
Quote:
That's funny. I like roundabouts as well, and my wife makes fun of me all the time because I will always take the route that includes a roundabout when possible. I sometimes go around them two or three times just for the fun of it. She thinks I'm crazy.
2024 i5 eDrive40 / Vegas Red / Black Veganza / Dark Oak Gloss Trim with Dark Silv Acc / Premium Package / M Sport Package / M Sport Pro Package / Driving Assistance Pro Package / Luxury Seating Package / 19" 936 M Aero Wheels NonRFT

Appreciate 4
Scrapula4165.50
ToddRGuy1469.50
///M TOWN31260.00
      09-02-2024, 03:02 PM   #115
meko
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - 535i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
Even if I loved Tesla cars there's no way I would spend $0.10 that would go in Elon Musk's pocket.

He's a maggot.
Curious why?
      09-02-2024, 10:08 PM   #116
RichardInCA
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 BMW i5 M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by meko View Post
Curious why?
Well….
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Scrapula4165.50
      09-02-2024, 11:43 PM   #117
NGT2
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by meko View Post
Curious why?
We all know why. Because of politics.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN31260.00
      09-03-2024, 12:25 AM   #118
AiredaleDad
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2010 Mercedes CLC 200 CDI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkykingUSA View Post
That's funny. I like roundabouts as well, and my wife makes fun of me all the time because I will always take the route that includes a roundabout when possible. I sometimes go around them two or three times just for the fun of it. She thinks I'm crazy.
The problem with the roundabouts here in Spain is that there are too many people who don't understand/don't follow protocol for roundabouts. Right lane is for first exit, middle lane is for straight through, and left lane is for third or following exits. You are supposed to change lanes as you go. So as soon as you pass an exit you shift to the right, so you are in the right lane for your exit. Waaaay too many people like to hug the right lane and go all the way around to their exit, therefore blocking people who are transiting it correctly. It can reach the point of causing accidents. They feel as if staying to the right is the same as the slow lane on the freeway, and therefore everyone has to yield to them.
Appreciate 3
///M TOWN31260.00
Scrapula4165.50
Blue Angel1216.00
      09-03-2024, 11:32 AM   #119
///M TOWN
-
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiredaleDad View Post
The problem with the roundabouts here in Spain is that there are too many people who don't understand/don't follow protocol for roundabouts. Right lane is for first exit, middle lane is for straight through, and left lane is for third or following exits. You are supposed to change lanes as you go. So as soon as you pass an exit you shift to the right, so you are in the right lane for your exit. Waaaay too many people like to hug the right lane and go all the way around to their exit, therefore blocking people who are transiting it correctly. It can reach the point of causing accidents. They feel as if staying to the right is the same as the slow lane on the freeway, and therefore everyone has to yield to them.
Same here in the United States

People don’t even look they just drive straight through

There’s just too many clueless idiotic people driving cars that truly should not be
      09-03-2024, 01:18 PM   #120
Scrapula
Major
Rep

This is Lake Stevens, Washington where I live. There are a few idiots who haven’t figured it out and I see a lot of cars taking alternate routes to avoid it. There are two exits off one roundabout from SR 9 to SR 204 and I see people taking the first exit, but they want to turn left at the signal on 204 after the roundabout and have to cross over lanes. I wish they would have put another roundabout there.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
SkykingUSA2595.50
///M TOWN31260.00
      09-03-2024, 04:11 PM   #121
Blue Angel
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 323i and 2016 535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
We all know why. Because of politics.
People like Musk should be applauded for supporting free speech. I don’t give two shts about his companies, but if they fund his ability to buy and un-censor major SM platforms, I’m all for it.
Appreciate 3
NGT26368.50
meko186.00
alewifebp519.50
      09-03-2024, 05:08 PM   #122
Scrapula
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Angel View Post
People like Musk should be applauded for supporting free speech. I don’t give two shts about his companies, but if they fund his ability to buy and un-censor major SM platforms, I’m all for it.
Except he buries speech in X that he doesn’t agree with, ie transgendered people. Then he promotes blatant lies that reflect his point of view. It’s not free speech when it is controlled. All he did was flip Twitter to his right wing/libertarian ideology.
Appreciate 2
MrDit386.00
      09-03-2024, 05:58 PM   #123
///M TOWN
-
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2  [9.20]
Quote:
This is Lake Stevens, Washington where I live. There are a few idiots who haven’t figured it out and I see a lot of cars taking alternate routes to avoid it. There are two exits off one roundabout from SR 9 to SR 204 and I see people taking the first exit, but they want to turn left at the signal on 204 after the roundabout and have to cross over lanes. I wish they would have put another roundabout there.
I drive through there all the time

I understand from my buddy who also lives in Lake Stevens as well that is a serious accident site
      09-03-2024, 06:12 PM   #124
Blue Angel
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Except he buries speech in X that he doesn’t agree with, ie transgendered people. Then he promotes blatant lies that reflect his point of view. It’s not free speech when it is controlled. All he did was flip Twitter to his right wing/libertarian ideology.
I’m genuinely curious to know if you think the platform is worse off now than it was before, regarding censorship?

I’m also curious what you know about why X has just been banned in Brazil?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2024, 06:55 PM   #125
Scrapula
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Angel View Post
I’m genuinely curious to know if you think the platform is worse off now than it was before, regarding censorship?

I’m also curious what you know about why X has just been banned in Brazil?
Sure, X is spreading disinformation from former supporters of their right wing president. Brazil needs to block it until these people are prosecuted. Twitter didn’t allow disinformation. As long as you weren’t spewing lies, Twitter wasn’t censored. Musk wanted a platform for his rhetoric.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2024, 07:07 PM   #126
RichardInCA
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 BMW i5 M60

Garage List
Twitter was a mess before Musk bought it. Now it’s an echo chamber for Catturd and his ilk. Brazil isn’t a paragon of open/clean government over the years, but Brazil picking a fight with Elon Musk doesn’t make him a saint either and he ain’t no free-speech warrior

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...am-pavel-durov

Quote:
… this is a free speech absolutist who is suing an NGO who dared to criticise him. The case against has been called a classic Slapp, or strategic lawsuit against public participation, issued with the intention of intimidating and silencing, as a judge in California ruled earlier with regard to another suit he brought against another NGO. “This case is about punishing the defendants for their speech,” he said.

Musk isn’t a truth teller, he’s a truth twister. Like Donald Trump, he does the direct opposite of what he actually says. He’s a free speech absolutist who has complied with 83% of requests from authoritarian governments to remove content from X, often as apparent leverage to advance his business interests.
To me, free speech is you posting that you genuinely applaud Elon’s version of free speech, and me saying I completely disagree and find him to be a disingenuous hack without getting banned, sued or my account being suspended.
Appreciate 1
Scrapula4165.50
      09-03-2024, 08:08 PM   #127
Blue Angel
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
As long as you weren’t spewing lies, Twitter wasn’t censored. Musk wanted a platform for his rhetoric.
Incorrect. When Musk bought Twitter the first thing he did was go through company records, exposing how the Whitehouse and the acronym departments were in constant communication with them, deciding which voices to censor and which ones to allow, during the height of the pandemic and the last election.

The media downplayed these developments, covering them only enough to open an article, then change topics towards anything Musk was doing with the platform that could be interpreted as hypocrisy. Some of it was questionable, most of it was fluff. He temporarily banned people who were sharing his location, for example, and was heavily criticized.

Now years later we see Zuckerberg coming clean, recently admitting that Facebook/Meta were doing exactly the same thing; bowing to pressure from the government to censor COVID information and the Hunter Biden laptop story, to name but a few:

Musk is not perfect, no human being is. As long as there are people who disagree with him they’ll be able to find things to criticize, and ways of interpreting complex situations that cast him in a dim light.

A big part of the Brazil issue is a corrupt Supreme Court judge who threatened to arrest the X lawyer, and has now called for the banning of the platform because X refused to break Brazil’s laws at his request, all because X won’t silence his political opponents and people are freely able to criticize him.

It’s a messy world, but we shouldn’t demonize people who are generally for the greater good… their solutions might not be perfect, but we need to ignore the hysterical takes by the media and think independently about the bigger picture.
Appreciate 2
meko186.00
alewifebp519.50
      09-03-2024, 09:30 PM   #128
NGT2
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardInCA View Post
Twitter was a mess before Musk bought it. Now it’s an echo chamber for Catturd and his ilk. Brazil isn’t a paragon of open/clean government over the years, but Brazil picking a fight with Elon Musk doesn’t make him a saint either and he ain’t no free-speech warrior

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...am-pavel-durov

To me, free speech is you posting that you genuinely applaud Elon’s version of free speech, and me saying I completely disagree and find him to be a disingenuous hack without getting banned, sued or my account being suspended.
I have no desire to get into this. My college football team’s forum is filled with politics. I like that this is just cars.

But for what it’s worth - the right to speech in America really just means you aren’t prosecuted. It’s not freedom of consequences.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 2
Scrapula4165.50
      09-03-2024, 09:31 PM   #129
Scrapula
Major
Rep

This is all I need to know:
On Monday, Musk posted an AI-generated image on his social media platform that depicted Harris as a communist, wearing a red uniform complete with hammer and sickle emblazoned hat.

Musk captioned the image with the false assertion, “Kamala vows to be a communist dictator on day one. Can you believe she wears that outfit!?”

The image violated X’s policy on manipulated content, resembled an AI-generated image posted by Trump last envisioning Harris addressing a crowd under communist symbols.

Musk’s post came a day after he shared another post with a screenshot suggesting that only “high status males” should be able to participate in government because women (and men with “low testosterone”) are not capable of critical thought. Musk posted it to his 196 million followers with the comment, “interesting observation.”

By Tuesday afternoon, less than 24 hours after Musk shared the fake image and false statement depicting Harris as a communist, the post had been viewed nearly 60 million times, according to data from X. Musk’s post suggesting women shouldn’t take part in democracy had been viewed more than 19 million times.
Appreciate 2
RoGo330i159.00
KRS_SN14191.50
      09-03-2024, 09:31 PM   #130
Blue Angel
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardInCA View Post
Agreed! The fundamental basis of free speech is to support the right of people who disagree with you to freely share their opinions, and in return earn their support in voicing yours.

There will always be crazy people. If you want to dispute their views debate them honestly, don’t silence them… that just fuels conspiracies.
Appreciate 1
Scrapula4165.50
      09-03-2024, 09:38 PM   #131
Blue Angel
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
This is all I need to know:
On Monday, Musk posted an AI-generated image on his social media platform that depicted Harris as a communist, wearing a red uniform complete with hammer and sickle emblazoned hat.

Musk captioned the image with the false assertion, “Kamala vows to be a communist dictator on day one. Can you believe she wears that outfit!?”

The image violated X’s policy on manipulated content, resembled an AI-generated image posted by Trump last envisioning Harris addressing a crowd under communist symbols.

Musk’s post came a day after he shared another post with a screenshot suggesting that only “high status males” should be able to participate in government because women (and men with “low testosterone”) are not capable of critical thought. Musk posted it to his 196 million followers with the comment, “interesting observation.”

By Tuesday afternoon, less than 24 hours after Musk shared the fake image and false statement depicting Harris as a communist, the post had been viewed nearly 60 million times, according to data from X. Musk’s post suggesting women shouldn’t take part in democracy had been viewed more than 19 million times.
This could be seen as tit-for-tat, since the left wing media have been referring to Trump as Hitler.

I don’t agree with either, and I don’t see any difference between the two. Mainstream media definitely leans to one side though, and that’s in favor of the Democrats. Maybe this is the universe’s way of balancing things out?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2024, 09:41 PM   #132
Blue Angel
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
But for what it’s worth - the right to speech in America really just means you aren’t prosecuted. It’s not freedom of consequences.
Right - there are clearly defined laws stating what is and is not considered acceptable speech. However… there are plenty of people trying to stretch those definitions. That’s where this gets dangerous.
Appreciate 0