BMW i5 and 5-Series Forum

11-30-2023, 10:51 AM   #1
thehank
Rep
Drives: e90

I5 software challenges

Have had the car for 48hrs now... few things buggin me maybe I cant find a setting for.....

Im currently using the eSim (phone) as my key, not sure if its the same using the standard keys.

1. There is no "Home" setting like Tesla where you can turn off the autolock feature only at your home address (like being parked in your garage). Tesla has it, seems like an easy software addition. I was reading somewhere its in the iX but its not in the i5 in the same comfort access menu.

2. When entering the vehicle its does not automatically select my drivers profile. It always defaults to guest, so I have to manually select it on the screen and then enter my pin which is super annoying.

3. The experience profiles are not really customizable, no color adjustments, you cant deselect the sunshade opening/closing. There should be some updates to this area to fine tune it to the driver.

Other than that, fun car to drive, plenty of power, feels like more of an actual car then the numb Tesla.
Appreciate 1
Scrapula2917.50
      12-01-2023, 01:08 PM   #2
ldhn
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

For 1, yes it's annoying but I have worked around it by using Home Assistant if you are into that workaround.

For 2, you have to assign your phone to your BMW ID as your main key.

For 3, yes that is annoying.
Appreciate 0