BMW i5 and 5-Series Forum

11-13-2023, 06:00 PM   #1
Vin77
Rep
Drives: 530i 2024

Ordered a 530i long back, now I am having second thoughts!

Hey Guys,

As the title says, I placed an order with my dealership in August for a new 530i. Now I heard about the Ambient light bar and 4-zone climate control missing. These were shown in my build simulator back then and now I see cars without these options. I am the kind of guy who goes all in so I won't regret getting the car after. Now I see the 540i come up and these options are missing. I am confused right now about how to proceed. This would be my first car and I really don't want to regret it after. And my dealership did not mention anything about these features missing after placing the order. The car is almost here and the delivery will be the next week. Is there anything I can do? I paid the $1000 when I placed the order, but other than that nothing.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 08:47 PM   #2
Scrapula
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW i5 M60

Did you sign any paperwork? Deposits are 100% refundable. Just tell them that it doesn’t look the way you thought. We also put $1k down. As soon as another vehicle came in, they invited us in for a test drive to make sure we still wanted to buy it. Your dealer shouldn’t have an issue.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 04:07 AM   #3
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin77 View Post
Hey Guys,

As the title says, I placed an order with my dealership in August for a new 530i. Now I heard about the Ambient light bar and 4-zone climate control missing. These were shown in my build simulator back then and now I see cars without these options. I am the kind of guy who goes all in so I won't regret getting the car after. Now I see the 540i come up and these options are missing. I am confused right now about how to proceed. This would be my first car and I really don't want to regret it after. And my dealership did not mention anything about these features missing after placing the order. The car is almost here and the delivery will be the next week. Is there anything I can do? I paid the $1000 when I placed the order, but other than that nothing.
Ask the SA to get your car detailed specs sheet or run the F12 on mygarage.bmwusa.com page if the car has VIN assigned already.

if 4UR option shows up then you don't have to worry about anything. You will get interaction bar.

if for some reasons your car doesn't get the options, you can always refused delivery.

15 years ago, I bought honda accord top trim cash by check, goes home find some welding irregularities on the driver door hinges side.

After 4 hours, drove back. Parked at the dealer and told them to cancel the sale. Told them if you have another accord I will take or I'm just leaving this here and you are not getting anything.

You are not living in China or fucking third world country.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 09:36 AM   #4
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 M Sport, '24 530i(soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leasehackr View Post
Ask the SA to get your car detailed specs sheet or run the F12 on mygarage.bmwusa.com page if the car has VIN assigned already.

if 4UR option shows up then you don't have to worry about anything. You will get interaction bar.

if for some reasons your car doesn't get the options, you can always refused delivery.

15 years ago, I bought honda accord top trim cash by check, goes home find some welding irregularities on the driver door hinges side.

After 4 hours, drove back. Parked at the dealer and told them to cancel the sale. Told them if you have another accord I will take or I'm just leaving this here and you are not getting anything.

the alternative to that is to have a BMW salesman who is also a lifetime BMW nut. my BMW salesman is such a person. He has been driving nothing but BMWs since 1990. After he retired, he became a BMW salesman. He is extremely anal when it comes to everything. On delivery day, I found him examining EVERYTHING on my new X1(U11). He even had it put back on the lift so he could go over everything under the car. The dealer's techs had already gone through the car during PDI the previous day. He even took out a torque wrench and checked all 20 bolts to make sure that I drive away with a new car with wheels not properly torqued. Not to mention that he checked the tire pressure with a gauge, including the tire pressure of the temp spare in the trunk. I kind of just stood there speechless. Maybe that's why he is the top salesman at the dealership? (just a crazy OCD BMW guy?)

by the way, his job before retirement was a police officer... when I was chatting with finance manger to finish the paperwork, he told me that the guy had been their customer for over 25 years.
Appreciate 2
jphcbpa317.50
ando2005.00
      11-14-2023, 12:53 PM   #5
Vin77
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapula View Post
Did you sign any paperwork? Deposits are 100% refundable. Just tell them that it doesn’t look the way you thought. We also put $1k down. As soon as another vehicle came in, they invited us in for a test drive to make sure we still wanted to buy it. Your dealer shouldn’t have an issue.
Yeah! Had to sign the paperwork when they placed the order and then sign again when I made some changes and also sign when discussing about the finances.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 12:56 PM   #6
Vin77
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leasehackr View Post

Checked the build order! No 4UR. And the I called the sales manager as my sales rep was on leave and he doesn't have any idea on the difference between the ambient lights and the interaction bar. He called and told that I have it but when I checked the build order it said only Zwl and no 4UR. And when I asked about the 4 zone climate control he said you have heated rear seats so you have 4 zone climate control. No idea how he connected the dots.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 12:59 PM   #7
Vin77
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceSilverX1 View Post
the alternative to that is to have a BMW salesman who is also a lifetime BMW nut. my BMW salesman is such a person. He has been driving nothing but BMWs since 1990. After he retired, he became a BMW salesman. He is extremely anal when it comes to everything. On delivery day, I found him examining EVERYTHING on my new X1(U11). He even had it put back on the lift so he could go over everything under the car. The dealer's techs had already gone through the car during PDI the previous day. He even took out a torque wrench and checked all 20 bolts to make sure that I drive away with a new car with wheels not properly torqued. Not to mention that he checked the tire pressure with a gauge, including the tire pressure of the temp spare in the trunk. I kind of just stood there speechless. Maybe that's why he is the top salesman at the dealership? (just a crazy OCD BMW guy?)

by the way, his job before retirement was a police officer... when I was chatting with finance manger to finish the paperwork, he told me that the guy had been their customer for over 25 years.
lol! Hard to find someone like that! I had to explain features of iX to my sales rep and he was astonished that we can press the bmw logo and it opens and the front grill will heal from cuts when I explained it to them. He is relatively young and based on my interactions he doesn't know much!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 05:30 PM   #8
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin77 View Post
Checked the build order! No 4UR. And the I called the sales manager as my sales rep was on leave and he doesn't have any idea on the difference between the ambient lights and the interaction bar. He called and told that I have it but when I checked the build order it said only Zwl and no 4UR. And when I asked about the 4 zone climate control he said you have heated rear seats so you have 4 zone climate control. No idea how he connected the dots.
This made me laugh ->> I asked about the 4 zone climate control he said you have heated rear seats so you have 4 zone climate control...LMAO

You need to fire this dealer.

Time to look for a new dealer and CA.
Appreciate 2
Scrapula2911.50
      11-14-2023, 05:32 PM   #9
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceSilverX1 View Post

Wow..The Ultimate BMW Guy.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 05:31 PM   #10
PsychDoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 540ix

I was told (after inquiring) that the 530's will not be getting the 4UR until late in March as an option. The 540's are getting the 4UR lighting standard now. I'll be checking my build sheet when I get an allocation slot to be sure that 4UR is listed. I'm getting the 540xi.
Appreciate 1
RJH52536.50
      12-02-2023, 06:30 PM   #11
RJH52
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 540ix MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
I was told (after inquiring) that the 530's will not be getting the 4UR until late in March as an option. The 540's are getting the 4UR lighting standard now. I'll be checking my build sheet when I get an allocation slot to be sure that 4UR is listed. I'm getting the 540xi.
I have a 540ix being built. It shows the 4UR being listed.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 08:10 PM   #12
PsychDoc
Lieutenant
Rep

It's listed as a standard feature for the 540.

https://g60.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2023344
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
RJH52536.50
      12-07-2023, 08:03 PM   #13
PsychDoc
Lieutenant
Rep

I got my production number and I should be getting the car (540xi, black sapphire metallic, smoke white veganza interior, dark oak high gloss wood trim, luxury seats, B&W audio, premium package) by mid-March.

Woo hoo.
Appreciate 1
RJH52536.50
      12-07-2023, 08:14 PM   #14
RJH52
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I got my production number and I should be getting the car (540xi, black sapphire metallic, smoke white veganza interior, dark oak high gloss wood trim, luxury seats, B&W audio, premium package) by mid-March.

Woo hoo.
I got my vin last week and it’s been sitting in the “production begins” stage for over a week. Have a feeling it will be a long wait…
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 08:43 AM   #15
PsychDoc
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH52 View Post
I got my vin last week and it’s been sitting in the “production begins” stage for over a week. Have a feeling it will be a long wait…
I was speaking to the BMW geniuses yesterday and they said that once the status reads "production begins" it really has begun. They added that sometimes it takes a few days for the status to update on line. If it's been this way for over a week I'd give them a call (844 443-6487) and see if they can look into this for you.
Appreciate 2
RJH52536.50
Scrapula2911.50
      12-08-2023, 10:02 AM   #16
RJH52
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was speaking to the BMW geniuses yesterday and they said that once the status reads "production begins" it really has begun. They added that sometimes it takes a few days for the status to update on line. If it's been this way for over a week I'd give them a call (844 443-6487) and see if they can look into this for you.
Just called. They said production started on 11/28. No real ETA of arrival though.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 02:14 PM   #17
PsychDoc
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Just called. They said production started on 11/28. No real ETA of arrival though.
As explained to me, production is about two weeks then a couple days to port. This is where there can be a delay of a day or two to a week as it has to get on a ship to the US. The trip across the pond is about ten days and then the car has to clear customs and go through some rigorous prep. This where they install the software for the nav and other computer systems, etc. This can all take several days to a week. Then it gets transported to your dealership where it gets its final prep. So I'd estimate that if you're on the East coast you could expect delivery by around the third week of January.

Just a general estimate, of course.
Appreciate 1
RJH52536.50
      12-08-2023, 07:43 PM   #18
Scrapula
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Here is my timeline to give you an estimate
Production begins - 10/30
In Paint Booth - 10/31
Assembly - 11/2
Quality Check - 11/2
Final Assembly -11/3
Ready for transport- 11/3
Awaiting carrier transport - 11/3
Dispatched from factory - 11/6
At the port - 11/8
In transit - 11/18
Estimated arrival at Port Hueneme - 12/14

Some ships have many stops. I was lucky to get on one that only had one stop in between my final destination.

I’m estimating 2 weeks in vehicle processing, transportation to Seattle and 3 days of dealer prep
Appreciate 1
ando2005.00
      12-08-2023, 07:49 PM   #19
RJH52
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapula View Post
Here is my timeline to give you an estimate
Production begins - 10/30
In Paint Booth - 10/31
Assembly - 11/2
Quality Check - 11/2
Final Assembly -11/3
Ready for transport- 11/3
Awaiting carrier transport - 11/3
Dispatched from factory - 11/6
At the port - 11/8
In transit - 11/18
Estimated arrival at Port Hueneme - 12/14

Some ships have many stops. I was lucky to get on one that only had one stop in between my final destination.

I’m estimating 2 weeks in vehicle processing, transportation to Seattle and 3 days of dealer prep
Mine has been on production begins since 11/28. Maybe the track my bmw just isn’t being updated🤷🏻‍♂️
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 07:56 PM   #20
Scrapula
Captain
Rep

Yeah, it sits there for a while. Mine said production begins on 10/20 but it didn’t enter the assembly line for production until 10/30.

It takes a few days to gather everything together. I also had Tanzanite Blue which pushed it out a week. I think they get all the upgraded colors together for the paint booth.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 08:39 PM   #21
Silvermember
Rep
Drives: I5

Use the F12 method to find out your real production date (prodDate parameter). See this post for reference:
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=30353118

“Production Being” just means code change to 150, but your production date can be quite a bit later.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 06:33 AM   #22
RJH52
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

i just tried this method and didn't get much data. Guessing i don't even have a production date then.
Appreciate 0