Technical Topics Suspension / Chassis / Brakes G20 Veering Left on Highway

06-08-2022, 02:25 AM   #1
jeffrinder
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW & 330Li

G20 Veering Left on Highway

Hi,

Wanted to check my g20 (330li) veers to the left slowly when i let go my hands off the wheels on highways. It only does on certain roads and on some roads it is normal, i am not sure if that is normal? If i hold the steering the car can go straight but it only happens when i take my hands of the wheels. Mainly it happens on the highway.

Wanted to know if this a normal behaviour, alignment done many times and tire pressure is also fine.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 12:19 PM   #2
KyK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrinder View Post
Hi,

Wanted to check my g20 (330li) veers to the left slowly when i let go my hands off the wheels on highways. It only does on certain roads and on some roads it is normal, i am not sure if that is normal? If i hold the steering the car can go straight but it only happens when i take my hands of the wheels. Mainly it happens on the highway.

Wanted to know if this a normal behaviour, alignment done many times and tire pressure is also fine.

Thanks.
The highway road surface is probably slanted a few degrees for water run off which is probably why you veer to the left. Or you could have a bent rim?
Porsche 911 Carrera T (retired)
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 01:08 AM   #3
jeffrinder
Registered
Rep

my rims seems to be okay probably it is the road then but i was told that it should at least run straight till 3-5 street lamps before veering mine veers immediately if i let go my hands off the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 12:41 PM   #4
KyK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrinder View Post
my rims seems to be okay probably it is the road then but i was told that it should at least run straight till 3-5 street lamps before veering mine veers immediately if i let go my hands off the wheel.
It could be possible that the lane keep assist is acting up.
Porsche 911 Carrera T (retired)
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2022, 10:12 AM   #5
jeffrinder
Registered
Rep

the dealer is saying something is wrong too, they suggested to change the control arm and will get it done when the parts had arrived. hopefully it solves the issue.
Appreciate 1
KyK102.50