04-01-2022, 09:42 AM   #1
sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
iX custom coding

I wonder if the iX will eventually be supported by BimmerCode or iCarly. I can't wait to troll my friends by setting it to X5M engine sounds

I suspect it will be awhile before we see people digging into this, but as the cars trickle out if people are playing with custom coding please share.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2022, 12:27 AM   #2
cruzer666
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 M50

Garage List
2023 BMW i4 M50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
I wonder if the iX will eventually be supported by BimmerCode or iCarly. I can't wait to troll my friends by setting it to X5M engine sounds

I suspect it will be awhile before we see people digging into this, but as the cars trickle out if people are playing with custom coding please share.
You can always email info at BimmerCode and see what their plans/timelines are for the new I-series cars. Since they just came out, it will probably be some time until it makes sense for them to work on it.

Also, being a BimmerCode user for many years I can tell you there likely won't be an "upload your engine sound" option, so don't hold your breath for that one.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2022, 08:29 AM   #3
sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzer666 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post

You can always email info at BimmerCode and see what their plans/timelines are for the new I-series cars. Since they just came out, it will probably be some time until it makes sense for them to work on it.

Also, being a BimmerCode user for many years I can tell you there likely won't be an "upload your engine sound" option, so don't hold your breath for that one.
No, you don't upload your sound. With my X3 I was able to choose the active sound from a dozen or so models, it's all preloaded. Since the iX still has some sort of ambient sound and common software/iDrive 8 I'm imagining it will just be one of the many sound options.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0