Garage List
2023 M4 Vert  [10.00]
  [10.00]
2023 m4 vert  [0.00]
2023 m4 convertible   [10.00]
2023 m4 vert

for 2023 m4 convertible:
right under 5k miles
should i do a full clear bra(ppf), or a front plus side skirts only clear bra or should i just not even do the clear bra at all?

if i choose to do the clear bra, do i do a regular wash/detail before or a paint correction full on detail that costs about $700

i’m planning on keeping the car forever
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 08:30 AM   #2
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
I would do a full "track pack" PPF, which is full front, hood, fenders, mirror caps, rocker panels and the A pillar/liner area that goes around the windshield. Basically, any area that has a higher probability of getting dinged by rock chips

You'll want to do as much prep to the paint/clear coat before you put the PPF on so it is pristine when it goes on, IMO.
Appreciate 2
      05-06-2024, 06:51 PM   #3
MellowAnteater
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition X-Drive Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeloalain View Post
for 2023 m4 convertible:
right under 5k miles
should i do a full clear bra(ppf), or a front plus side skirts only clear bra or should i just not even do the clear bra at all?

if i choose to do the clear bra, do i do a regular wash/detail before or a paint correction full on detail that costs about $700

What did you end up going with? I’m going back and forth on what to do on my ‘25 vert. Originally I was going to do full PPF but now thinking it might be over kill.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2024, 09:35 PM   #4
eliphil
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550I

Ppf is a must in at least entire hood and bumper
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 07:36 AM   #5
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by angeloalain View Post
for 2023 m4 convertible:
right under 5k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
I would do a full "track pack" PPF, which is full front, hood, fenders, mirror caps, rocker panels and the A pillar/liner area that goes around the windshield. Basically, any area that has a higher probability of getting dinged by rock chips

You'll want to do as much prep to the paint/clear coat before you put the PPF on so it is pristine when it goes on, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellowAnteater View Post
What did you end up going with? I’m going back and forth on what to do on my ‘25 vert. Originally I was going to do full PPF but now thinking it might be over kill.
Guys, if full PPF and ceramic coating isn't in your budget I would follow Berzerker's recommendations posted above and then apply allover ceramic for the car.

There are also products that you can purchase and apply yourself to protect the convertible's top. Haartz which makes convertible tops for many car manufacturers recommends this product line.

https://wolfsteins.com/collections/convertibles
Appreciate 1