BMW i5 and 5-Series Forum

09-07-2024, 08:14 AM   #1
rgw
Rep
Drives: 2022 A4 Allroad, 2025 540i

Garage List
Just ordered a 2025 540i

I ended up having to go through the BMW Individual program to get 4-zone climate (4NB) option added to the build. They didn't immediately have a production number. I'm unfamiliar with the BTO process as I've always purchased off the lot with previous purchases. When should I expect to receive a production number so I can track the order? The financial guy suggested a few weeks but I don't want to be like a kid in the backseat asking "are we there yet" constantly.

Also, I have to credit some of the discussion in this community about the unfortunate lack of 4-zone climate in the US market and how to get it added to BTOs. At first, the CA was saying it was not possible but by the end of the day they found the correct BMW rep who knew about this aspect of the BMW Individual program. Granted, I always thought BMW Individual was just for tricking out M cars too. However, it seems that you can essentially get any globally available feature on the model, even if it is not available in your market, through the program.

Glad to join the community and hope this little bit of information helps someone else in the future.
Appreciate 5
madagil24.00
ToddRGuy1396.00
SkykingUSA2553.50
Scrapula4147.50
      09-07-2024, 06:25 PM   #2
ToddRGuy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A5, 2025 BMW 540 -Ordered

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgw View Post
I ended up having to go through the BMW Individual program to get 4-zone climate (4NB) option added to the build. They didn't immediately have a production number. I'm unfamiliar with the BTO process as I've always purchased off the lot with previous purchases. When should I expect to receive a production number so I can track the order? The financial guy suggested a few weeks but I don't want to be like a kid in the backseat asking "are we there yet" constantly.

Also, I have to credit some of the discussion in this community about the unfortunate lack of 4-zone climate in the US market and how to get it added to BTOs. At first, the CA was saying it was not possible but by the end of the day they found the correct BMW rep who knew about this aspect of the BMW Individual program. Granted, I always thought BMW Individual was just for tricking out M cars too. However, it seems that you can essentially get any globally available feature on the model, even if it is not available in your market, through the program.

Glad to join the community and hope this little bit of information helps someone else in the future.
Welcome! I also went through BMW individual to have 4NB added to my vehicle. It's disappointing that it isn't readily available in the US market. Quite frankly, it's disappointing it isn't standard at this price point.

My wait time to get a production number was about 2-3 weeks. Note, that this was in June before production of MY25 had actually begun so you may get yours more quickly.

Feel free to share your build/design and of course, when your 540 arrives share some photos.
Appreciate 3
rgw81.00
SkykingUSA2553.50
Scrapula4147.50
      09-07-2024, 08:08 PM   #3
rgw
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddRGuy View Post
Welcome! I also went through BMW individual to have 4NB added to my vehicle. It's disappointing that it isn't readily available in the US market. Quite frankly, it's disappointing it isn't standard at this price point.

My wait time to get a production number was about 2-3 weeks. Note, that this was in June before production of MY25 had actually begun so you may get yours more quickly.

Feel free to share your build/design and of course, when your 540 arrives share some photos.
Sure thing:

540i xDrive
  • M Sport Design
  • Phytonic Blue Metallic
  • 19in M Dual-Spoke Bicolor Black 935M Wheels
  • Expresso Brown Veganza
  • Fine Wood Grey Blue Open Pore Ash
  • Executive Package
  • Luxury Seating Package
  • M Sport Brakes with Blue Calipers
  • Front ventilated seats
  • Bowers and Wilkins Surround Sound
  • Four Zone Climate Control

Didn't get DAPP because I feel like ACC and LKAS cover my "mindless highway cruising" needs.

Last edited by rgw; 09-08-2024 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: Incorrect information...I picked luxury seating package for the passenger memory function but just forgot that part.
Appreciate 4
ToddRGuy1396.00
SkykingUSA2553.50
Scrapula4147.50
      09-07-2024, 09:07 PM   #4
ToddRGuy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A5, 2025 BMW 540 -Ordered

Garage List
Quote:
Sure thing:

540i xDrive
  • M Sport Design
  • Phytonic Blue Metallic
  • 19in M Dual-Spoke Bicolor Black 935M Wheels
  • Expresso Brown Veganza
  • Fine Wood Grey Blue Open Pore Ash
  • Executive Package
  • M Sport Brakes with Blue Calipers
  • Front ventilated seats
  • Bowers and Wilkins Surround Sound
  • Four Zone Climate Control

Didn't get DAPP because I feel like ACC and LKAS cover my "mindless highway cruising" needs. Didn't get Luxury seating package because I felt like the standard seats had sufficient adjustments and the other features were not big motivators for our needs in the household. Rear heated seats are wasted on boosters and car seats.
I haven't seen to many user photos with Phytonic blue, so I'm sure people will appreciate that. It was my second choice, and I went back and forth between it and carbon black metallic.
Appreciate 3
SkykingUSA2553.50
Scrapula4147.50
      09-07-2024, 09:10 PM   #5
rgw
Rep

Garage List
Apparently not a common color. I test drove a 540i in oxide gray metallic and I thought it had a gold undertone in certain light. So I bet phytonic blue metallic may not quite look like it does in the marketing shots in certain light either.
Appreciate 3
SkykingUSA2553.50
Scrapula4147.50
      09-08-2024, 03:09 AM   #6
SkykingUSA
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 eDrive40

Garage List
Quote:
Apparently not a common color. I test drove a 540i in oxide gray metallic and I thought it had a gold undertone in certain light. So I bet phytonic blue metallic may not quite look like it does in the marketing shots in certain light either.
Congratulations on your order and I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. Phytonic Blue was also on my shortlist of colors, but in the end I went with the red for a few reasons. One of them because I wanted a change - I've driven blue vehicles since 1993 and thought it was time for a change!
2024 i5 eDrive40 / Vegas Red / Black Veganza / Dark Oak Gloss Trim with Dark Silv Acc / Premium Package / M Sport Package / M Sport Pro Package / Driving Assistance Pro Package / Luxury Seating Package / 19" 936 M Aero Wheels NonRFT

Appreciate 5
      09-08-2024, 09:59 AM   #7
rgw
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkykingUSA View Post
Congratulations on your order and I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. Phytonic Blue was also on my shortlist of colors, but in the end I went with the red for a few reasons. One of them because I wanted a change - I've driven blue vehicles since 1993 and thought it was time for a change!
I like blue but it is also a sort of cheeky choice. I own a white Honda Odyssey that my parents use for daily driving but it is our family road tripper. My wife owns a red Honda Pilot. I joked with my family that my next car should be blue so we can do a Fourth of July photo with the three one day. 😅
Appreciate 4
SkykingUSA2553.50
ToddRGuy1396.00
Scrapula4147.50
      09-08-2024, 12:37 PM   #8
Dragonfly Trumpeter
Rep
Drives: Phytonic blue 550e

Garage List
2019 i3 120ah  [0.00]
2018 118i  [0.00]
2024 550e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkykingUSA View Post
Wow, I have also driven blue cars since 1993 and was really close to changing this time. I was considering the red or oxide and the demo car was oxide but it did not appeal in the flesh. I thought the car was too big for the colour for some reason. Decided against red as well because I was not convinced and our 1 series is also red.

So went for the easy phytonic option, even though it is not a typical bmw blue. But I am glad I did, I really like it and have not seen another one yet.

I still think fondly of the estoril days though
Appreciate 5
SkykingUSA2553.50
ToddRGuy1396.00
aherman18191.00
      09-09-2024, 12:45 AM   #9
AiredaleDad
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2010 Mercedes CLC 200 CDI

Garage List
Quote:
I test drove a 530i in Oxide Grey, and a black 540iX. You are correct. Depending on the light angles there is a bit of gold in it. I liked it so much I ordered my 540iX in Oxide Grey. But only because the Black in the MSport and MSport Pro really set it off. If I had gotten the base model I would have gone for the darker grey that would look better with the silver accents.

Still waiting for a status update. Last week (Wed I believe) my build was at 154. I am hoping it's at 155 or beyond this week. Todd (Same week 36 build) was at 150 still and I hope he has moved up in the queue by now.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA2553.50
      09-09-2024, 11:15 AM   #10
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Welcome

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
rgw81.00
SkykingUSA2553.50
      09-09-2024, 11:32 AM   #11
Scrapula
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i5 M60

Weird, this is only my second blue car. (Tanzanite) I always had black or red when I was younger and gray when I got older. My husband actually picked the blue. I hate Phytonic based on the web site color, but it looks good in person. I’m not sure why BNW has so much trouble getting colors right online.
Appreciate 4
      09-09-2024, 11:48 AM   #12
rgw
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapula View Post
Weird, this is only my second blue car. (Tanzanite) I always had black or red when I was younger and gray when I got older. My husband actually picked the blue. I hate Phytonic based on the web site color, but it looks good in person. I’m not sure why BNW has so much trouble getting colors right online.
Apple also pretty notorious for this with marketing imaging too but at least their storefronts have all the color options on display. May not be so lucky at a dealership. Someone in town has a 530i in Phytonic, so I have some reference seeing it in passing.
Appreciate 2
Scrapula4147.50
SkykingUSA2553.50