plusman
Enlisted Member
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2019 3-Series (G20)

2024 530e - how get rid of EV charging icons on map display

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I have a new 530e with Professional Navigation. The map display always shows mny icons for EV charging stations and it is very annoying. Does anybody know how to stop them being displayed (In previous BMWs I was able to select/deselect POIs, but can't see how to do it now).

Also does anybody know how to stop the charging tray warning "Do not place metal etc in the charging tray" - it pops up every few minutes when I am charging my phone and yet again it is very annoying.

Many thanks
Appreciate 3
Scrapula2932.50
SkykingUSA1478.00
agorski190.00
      Today, 11:39 AM   #2
Scrapula
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW i5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by plusman View Post
I have a new 530e with Professional Navigation. The map display always shows mny icons for EV charging stations and it is very annoying. Does anybody know how to stop them being displayed (In previous BMWs I was able to select/deselect POIs, but can't see how to do it now).

Also does anybody know how to stop the charging tray warning "Do not place metal etc in the charging tray" - it pops up every few minutes when I am charging my phone and yet again it is very annoying.

Many thanks
I have not found any way to delete POI, which was annoying because I didn’t want to see gas stations for my EV. They did a map update and I am finally seeing charging stations. It looks like everyone is seeing them, though. Do you see gas stations? You would think they could automate it based on the car model.

No, I have not seen that charging message, but I have a rubberized case for my phone that is charge pad compatible.
Appreciate 2
SkykingUSA1478.00
agorski190.00
      Today, 11:40 AM   #3
LVBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60 '23 Tesla Model Y-P

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusman View Post

Many thanks
You shouldn't get that charging warning repeatedly for the wireless charging tray unless your phone is in a thick case and is perhaps only intermittently making sufficient contact to charge thus repeatedly throwing up the warning that should only appear the first time charging starts.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1478.00
      Today, 12:51 PM   #4
SkykingUSA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 eDrive40

Garage List
Have you tried going to the Nav page in the myBMW app and sliding down to the Map and Mobility settings? If you go in there, it lets you choose your preferred charging companies - you could try turning them all off. Only thing, I'm not sure if this setting is also passed through to the car or if it just filters it in the app. Worth trying though.
2024 i5 eDrive40 / Vegas Red / Black Veganza / Dark Oak Gloss Trim with Dark Silv Acc / Premium Package / M Sport Package / M Sport Pro Package / Driving Assistance Pro Package / Luxury Seating Package / 19" 936 M Aero Wheels NonRFT

Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:17 PM   #5
agorski
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW i5 eDrive 40

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapula View Post
I have not found any way to delete POI, which was annoying because I didn’t want to see gas stations for my EV.
Agree, although what if you suddenly have a desire for a Slurpee?
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1478.00