BMW i5 and 5-Series Forum

Today, 09:51 AM   #1
MikeElmendorf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5/2024 i5 M60

Getting New Phone w/ Digital Key Plus

Hi -

New iPhone arriving tomorrow. Has anyone else who is using Digital Key Plus upgraded their phone? And, if so, what did you have to do with the key?

I presume it will not carry over in Apple Wallet like credit cards and other passes (although that would be very nice). Do I have to remove it from the car and app before switching over and start from scratch on the new phone?

Thanks.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA2601.50
      Today, 10:49 AM   #2
rgw
Rep
Drives: 2022 A4 Allroad, 2025 540i

Garage List
I work for a university that was an early adopter of digital IDs for faculty, staff, and students. I bet the provisioning for digital keys is similar to IDs. I had to reprovision the ID onto my new phone even after restore from backup. There is some sort of handshake between the authentication authority and the device required for it to function on your new iPhone 16 [Pro].

I think wiping the phone altogether should suffice for removing access from your old iPhone. You may want to check the manual or app to see if their is a deprovisioning option though.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA2601.50