BMW i5 and 5-Series Forum

04-01-2024, 04:07 PM   #1
Nachoman777
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw m6

Replacing interior leather or possibly just seats

Hey my driver side leather trim at the top collapsed and my driver side seat is basically done for. I was considering some options on how to go about fixing it.

Seats- I'm hoping there's a seat cover that fits for the whole interior but the M6 has a picky layout and I'm unsure what would fit. Does anyone have any experience with this? I was also debating just buying used upholstry for all the leather in the car for around 1500-2500 and replacing everything as they come in full packages and I was wondering how much it might cost to install everything

Upper arm rest by the window- It looks like it can't be fixed and the entire door panel needs to be replaced. There's some on ebay for 150-250 but not a lot for my trim options so it may be the case that i get both door panels replaced and the rear trim replaced in the nappa leather, as I have the cheap grainy material that is somewhat uncommon on the m6 and it might look a bit off with different leather consistencies around the car potentially. Any idea how much these might be to install?

If anyone knows any full interior seat covers that actually fit an m6 that would be the ideal solution so please let me know if any of you have found any.
Thanks for your time
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 08:08 AM   #2
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

At a highly recommended auto upholstery/convertible top shop ask about the seats.

My info from a shop I used some years ago (to replace a window in my Boxster's top then years after than to replace the top) is just the portions/sections of the seats that are bad can be recovered. No need to recover the entire seat or resort to seat covers. (Frankly I loathe seat covers.)

Yes, a seat so repaired will have new looking sections and old looking sections but all the leather will be intact and not all mushed down and in sitting in the seat feel like a new seat.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 12:13 PM   #3
BlkGS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
Post some pictures of the damage, tough to say without seeing it.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 06:26 PM   #4
MADBMWX5MC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

^So true, we are all visual folks....or we wouldnt be here....well, that's just me...
Appreciate 0