10-21-2023, 05:32 PM   #4621
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikMN View Post
Best selling ev is like being the the fastest short bus.
Stop stuttering my boy lol
      10-21-2023, 08:48 PM   #4622
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Ford laughed at tesla 10+ years ago.

Now they’re playing catch up. Still can’t catch them.

And did someone say the Mach-e looks decent??? Lmaooooooooo………

Oooooooooooooo……

Ooooooooooooooo……..
Tesla's only attribute is its charging network. The cars are ugly, under built, and outdated.
Appreciate 4
M5Rick61233.00
KRS_SN13693.50
      10-21-2023, 09:06 PM   #4623
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Tesla's only attribute is its charging network. The cars are ugly, under built, and outdated.
I don't begrudge you your opinion at all. But coming from a 14 M4, 17 X5M and then recently a 20 M5 I love my S Plaid. The only thing I am lacking are the massage seats for the driver and front passenger. And I never used them in the prior car. I find the S comparable in many regards and then with much more power.

Last edited by gblansten; 10-21-2023 at 09:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2023, 12:08 AM   #4624
NikMN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 n63tu

Quote:
I wasn't but bless your heart my boy

Last edited by NikMN; 10-22-2023 at 03:08 AM..
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2023, 04:44 AM   #4625
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Ugly duckling comes to mind.
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2023, 04:59 AM   #4626
NikMN
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
My boy post a pic of your ev or m3comp. Just checking you know plenty of 🤡 out there
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2023, 05:20 AM   #4627
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Tesla has the big 3, which is the fucking main point to buying an ev in the first place.

Performance range and network at the best price point when you consider all 3.

Every single car maker making ev’s can NOT BEAT tesla at this when you consider all 3 at the price point.
      10-22-2023, 05:21 AM   #4628
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikMN View Post
My boy post a pic of your ev or m3comp. Just checking you know plenty of 🤡 out there
My cars are in the c8 z06 thread my boy.
      10-22-2023, 05:22 AM   #4629
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Tesla has the big 3, which is the fucking main point to buying an ev in the first place.

Every single car maker making ev’s can NOT BEAT tesla at this when you consider all 3 at the price point.
No argument
Fast n cheap = low quality
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M5Rick61233.00
      10-22-2023, 06:10 AM   #4630
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Never said tesla had the best quality.

Just saying they're the best selling EV car maker to date and no one is catching them. I been saying that for a while now.

Performance, range and network for the price point. Belongs to tesla.

Been saying that for a while now too.

And i'll be a broken record when we have this same discussion next year, then in 2025 again etc.
      10-22-2023, 06:24 AM   #4631
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Never said tesla had the best quality.

Just saying they're the best selling EV car maker to date and no one is catching them. I been saying that for a while now.

Performance, range and network for the price point. Belongs to tesla.

Been saying that for a while now too.

And i'll be a broken record when we have this same discussion next year, then in 2025 again etc.

Agree with what you say
Can I suggest an edit
range and refuelling network and speed of rejuicing for the price point. Belongs to ICE.
It'll be a long time before we can state otherwise if they're on sale that is.
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2023, 06:34 AM   #4632
NikMN
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
My cars are in the c8 z06 thread my boy.
Don't worry about it my boy. I take your word for it you seem legit

Also can you post your GoFundMe link? I would like to donate and wish you a speedy recovery

Last edited by NikMN; 10-22-2023 at 06:45 AM..
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2023, 09:31 AM   #4633
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
Agree with what you say
Can I suggest an edit
range and refuelling network and speed of rejuicing for the price point. Belongs to ICE.
It'll be a long time before we can state otherwise if they're on sale that is.

Mass ev has started since when?

We’ve been fueling cars since when?

You can’t really compare but at the same time we can compare. Ev is right there knocking on ICE door.

Is it perfect? No. Who said that? But it’s been working for millions and it only improves from here.

Remember the so called gas ban is about 11 years away. Look at the improvements to ev in only the past 5 years. Accelerate that times 2, and I think at 2035 you’ll see half of the cars on the road ev. And since the average ice car is about 12 years old, by 2050 probably no ice cars left on the road. At least not legally.
      10-22-2023, 09:44 AM   #4634
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Now you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. You've stated numerous times the only way to own EV is to charge at home and wakeup to a full battery. According to you, anyone who buys an EV but can't charge at home is a dumbass. So apparently the Tesla network isn't actually material to the decision to buy EV.

With the network out of the decision tree, then design and build quality come to the forefront. I can buy a Mach E at my local Ford dealer (20 minutes from home) for $3,880 less than a comparable Model Y (RWD and standard range battery). The nearest Tesla dealer is 2 hours away. The Mach E is 16 cubic feet bigger in passenger volume than the Y, has 8 miles more range, and is styled and built better. And the Mach E has a driver's gauge cluster in front of... the driver. Oh, and the Mach E is 0.5 seconds quicker to 60 MPH. Tesla, sure, sure.

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2023, 09:50 AM   #4635
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Now you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. You've stated numerous times the only way to own EV is to charge at home and wakeup to a full battery. According to you, anyone who buys an EV but can't charge at home is a dumbass. So apparently the Tesla network isn't actually material to the decision to buy EV.

With the network out of the decision tree, then design and build quality come to the forefront. I can buy a Mach E at my local Ford dealer (20 minutes from home) for $3,880 less than a comparable Model Y (RWD and standard range battery). The nearest Tesla dealer is 2 hours away. The Mach E is 16 cubic feet bigger in passenger volume than the Y, has 8 miles more range, and is styled and built better. And the Mach E has a driver's gauge cluster in front of... the driver. Oh, and the Mach E is 0.5 seconds quicker to 60 MPH. Tesla, sure, sure.

No, understand what I said.

I said if you can’t charge at home BUT THEN COMPLAIN ABOUT THE CHARGING SITUATION, That is the fault of the buyer not the car.

I knew going in I don’t have level 2 at home. But since my commute is literally 16 miles round trip, added with some lost range due to running sentry mode, weather changes, etc, call it 30-40 miles of lost range per day.

I can add about 90 miles of range when I get home from work. I’ll never have an issue about range. Because I thought it through. Also don’t forget regen adds miles so even though if I leave my house with 300 miles and I get to work around 290 depending on my driving style, I can check my app when I get to work during the day and it’ll show 297 or 298.

You can dissect it all you want, not sure why you keep mentioning the Mach e, it gets shitted on by the model y. Only reason why anyone would get the Mach e is because they hate tesla, which is what you’re displaying here. We get it, you hate tesla.

But ignoring facts on why it’s so successful is foolish talk man.
      10-22-2023, 10:08 AM   #4636
NikMN
Private First Class
Rep

My boy z06 m3comp why are you ignoring me? We here to help you bud
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2023, 10:09 AM   #4637
NikMN
Private First Class
Rep

Would sending my thoughts and prayers make you feel better? Dan said it's ok

Last edited by NikMN; 10-22-2023 at 10:37 AM..
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2023, 12:02 PM   #4638
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
GOP senators, Manchin introduce bill blocking EPA’s electric vehicle mandates
The Choice in Automobile Retail Sales Act (CARS), which was introduced Thursday, is a companion to a House bill introduced in July by Rep. Tim Walberg, R-Mich. If passed, the legislation would strike down an ambitious EPA proposal introduced in April that would require as much as 67% of new sedans, crossovers and light trucks to be electric by 2032.

Additionally, the rules would require 50% of new buses and garbage trucks, 35% of new short-haul freight trucks and 25% of new long-haul freight trucks to be electric by 2032.

https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...pa-ev-mandates

When you force unreasonable change in a unreasonable time frame there will be a reckoning.

Remember this?
Democrats call ethanol mandate an environmental 'flop'

A group of Democrats apologized for the failed experiment that is the nation's ethanol mandate on Thursday, calling it a "flop" and introducing legislation that would phase out corn ethanol use in six years.

“We made a mistake,” said Henry Waxman of California, the former Democratic chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, who drove the passage of the Renewable Fuel Standard, or RFS, in a comprehensive energy bill passed in 2007.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/d...ronmental-flop
Appreciate 3
Efthreeoh17404.00
3798j11567.50
      10-22-2023, 12:02 PM   #4639
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No, understand what I said.

I said if you can’t charge at home BUT THEN COMPLAIN ABOUT THE CHARGING SITUATION, That is the fault of the buyer not the car.

I knew going in I don’t have level 2 at home. But since my commute is literally 16 miles round trip, added with some lost range due to running sentry mode, weather changes, etc, call it 30-40 miles of lost range per day.

I can add about 90 miles of range when I get home from work. I’ll never have an issue about range. Because I thought it through. Also don’t forget regen adds miles so even though if I leave my house with 300 miles and I get to work around 290 depending on my driving style, I can check my app when I get to work during the day and it’ll show 297 or 298.

You can dissect it all you want, not sure why you keep mentioning the Mach e, it gets shitted on by the model y. Only reason why anyone would get the Mach e is because they hate tesla, which is what you’re displaying here. We get it, you hate tesla.

But ignoring facts on why it’s so successful is foolish talk man.
From Post 4596, "The best part of ev is you never even have to go to a charging station unless you’re traveling. And again if you don’t have access at home and you bought an ev, don’t complain about the charging situation. It was your fault you didn’t think it through."

This translates into the EV buyer is a dumbass (for not thinking it through that he can't charge at home). So, in essence you are saying unless you can charge at home, don't buy an EV, or you are a dumbass. The majority of posts on other EV forums about charging on the public system is it sucks because most people complain about it. The Mach E is much nicer than the Model Y. I've been in both. Oh, then there's the deal that Ford and Tesla struck...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 10-23-2023 at 06:18 AM..
Appreciate 3
M5Rick61233.00
      10-22-2023, 12:05 PM   #4640
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
No argument
Fast n cheap = low quality
I'll bet the Chinese can built it Faster n Cheaper and even lower quality than Tesla!

Last edited by Car-Addicted; 10-22-2023 at 01:46 PM..
Appreciate 3
KRS_SN13693.50
M5Rick61233.00
      10-22-2023, 12:47 PM   #4641
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
From Post 6596, "The best part of ev is you never even have to go to a charging station unless you’re traveling. And again if you don’t have access at home and you bought an ev, don’t complain about the charging situation. It was your fault you didn’t think it through."

This translates into the EV buyer is a dumbass (for not thinking it through that he can't charge at home). So, in essence you are saying unless you can charge at home, don't buy an EV, or you are a dumbass. The majority of posts on other EV forums about charging on the public system is it sucks because most people complain about it. The Mach E is much nicer than the Model Y. I've been in both. Oh, then there's the deal that Ford and Tesla struck...

I don’t travel, but I have been to a charging station when I needed something quick and can’t wait for my 6-7 mile per hour charge at level 1 at my house. I was out in 25 minutes. Didn’t even feel long. 12 stalls and there were 3 of us, including me. Can’t get much simple than that.

I never said it translate into being a dumbass, you’re creating words to distract the topic at hand, and forcing the discussion to turn into name calling and taking an approach at the discussion not related to ev. But I guess it was too late for that tens and tens of pages ago in this thread.

Say you for example. You don’t have charging at home. You don’t even have a parking spot and you go you know what, I’ll get a Tesla anyway. Because I want to see what it’s like to daily an ev.

So you get the car and your first week is fine, you drove it to work and back, and it did its job. Now it’s time for charging. The nearest station to you is 2 miles. You check your app and it says 3/8 stalls are available. So you go there. By the time you get there none are available. Now you’re pissed. And you regret getting an ev and now you’re panicking on where to go to charge because you have 15% left.

Whose fault is that? Can it be your fault? No in the sense that you can’t stop others from showing up while you were driving there.

But at the same time it is your fault. Bad planning on waiting that long to charge. Bad planning on getting an ev to begin with because you didn’t think about your options, your route, your schedule etc and most importantly, you knew you had to deal with that knowing you had zero charging available at home but yet you still went ahead and got yourself an ev.

Nicer is subjective. I thought about getting a mache after getting rid of my explorer. But the build quality is terrible on ford just as you guys think tesla has bad quality.

I went ahead and got the model 3. Because it shits on everything the Mach e has to offer. And no way I wanted to be seen in something that looks like an Aztek mixed with a mustang.
      10-22-2023, 01:37 PM   #4642
NikMN
Private First Class
Rep

You my boy blue
Appreciate 1