BMW i5 and 5-Series Forum

05-07-2024, 11:14 PM   #1
pfannenstiel
noob
Rep
Drives: i5 M60

lease broker may have ghosted me

Ordered an i5 back at the end of February and up until now the lease broker I have been working with has been super responsive. I last emailed him on Friday when the car arrived at Port Hueneme to ask what he thought would be the time until it arrived at the dealership and he emailed me back to say about one week or so.

Two days ago I found out that I might be able to lease the car through an S corp so I emailed the broker to ask if it was too late to change the lease agreement, I never heard back. When the car was back in transit today I assumed that it's on a truck headed for the Bay Area so I emailed him again today to say never mind that I will keep the original agreement and curious if he had an update on when the car would arrive. No response.

Is it possible that the broker has found another buyer for the car that I ordered? Is there any recourse with the dealership that the order was placed through to prevent that from happening? I have never used a lease broker before so I'm unsure what my options are.
SkykingUSA1461.50
      05-08-2024, 10:58 AM   #2
LVBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60 '23 Tesla Model Y-P

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfannenstiel View Post
Ordered an i5 back at the end of February and up until now the lease broker I have been working with has been super responsive. I last emailed him on Friday when the car arrived at Port Hueneme to ask what he thought would be the time until it arrived at the dealership and he emailed me back to say about one week or so.

Two days ago I found out that I might be able to lease the car through an S corp so I emailed the broker to ask if it was too late to change the lease agreement, I never heard back. When the car was back in transit today I assumed that it's on a truck headed for the Bay Area so I emailed him again today to say never mind that I will keep the original agreement and curious if he had an update on when the car would arrive. No response.

Is it possible that the broker has found another buyer for the car that I ordered? Is there any recourse with the dealership that the order was placed through to prevent that from happening? I have never used a lease broker before so I'm unsure what my options are.
Did they give you a contact person at the dealership? You could try contacting them.
Appreciate 2
SkykingUSA1461.50
Scrapula2907.00