BMW i5 and 5-Series Forum

03-31-2024, 11:59 PM   #45
RichardInCA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24 BMW i5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windshieldfarmer View Post
There are certainly good things about California living but looking at this thread speaks volumes about the challenges you deal with on a daily basis….
I’ve pretty much always lived in/around major metro areas, it’s not unique to California.

Trying to not contribute to the air quality issues here was a big driver for me to go EV now, and our local utility is generating all electricity from renewables.
Appreciate 2
SkykingUSA1310.50
Scrapula2752.50
      04-01-2024, 11:24 AM   #46
AndurilV12
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Here's an alternative to the PPF stickers from Amazon.

Slap Pass:
https://www.slappass.com

Easy magnetic method to stick the Clean air decals
Appreciate 2
SkykingUSA1310.50
      04-01-2024, 01:11 PM   #47
RichardInCA
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndurilV12 View Post

Slap Pass:

Even easier - oh well, I went the PPF route. Check back in after September 25 to see how easy or not it is to remove ‘em :-)
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1310.50
      04-01-2024, 01:23 PM   #48
SkykingUSA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 eDrive40

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndurilV12 View Post

Slap Pass:

That's a good idea as long as the panels you are attaching it to are metallic. I think the front bumper area is not metal. Maybe the same at the rear.
2024 i5 eDrive40 / Vegas Red / Black Veganza / Dark Oak Gloss Trim with Dark Silv Acc / Premium Package / M Sport Package / M Sport Pro Package / Driving Assistance Pro Package / Luxury Seating Package / 19" 936 M Aero Wheels NonRFT

Appreciate 1
      04-02-2024, 08:51 PM   #49
Windshieldfarmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW IX50

No criticism about what you are doing…I’m doing the same in the Midwest where most of our electricity is sourced by wind and nuclear energy. I was simply noting the frustration by those on the tread with the inefficient bureaucracy.
Appreciate 3
SkykingUSA1310.50
RoGo330i142.50
      04-02-2024, 10:18 PM   #50
RichardInCA
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windshieldfarmer View Post
No criticism about what you are doing…I’m doing the same in the Midwest where most of our electricity is sourced by wind and nuclear energy. I was simply noting the frustration by those on the tread with the inefficient bureaucracy.
No offense taken - I had my first tag assisted commute this morning and watched as my ETA instantly dropped by 10min as I sailed past those in line for the toll booths and then the metering lights on the other side. Was epic.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1310.50
      04-03-2024, 12:15 AM   #51
SkykingUSA
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
I was surprised at how quickly my tags got processed. I only submitted the application online over the weekend and today it was already approved and said it will be shipping out.
2024 i5 eDrive40 / Vegas Red / Black Veganza / Dark Oak Gloss Trim with Dark Silv Acc / Premium Package / M Sport Package / M Sport Pro Package / Driving Assistance Pro Package / Luxury Seating Package / 19" 936 M Aero Wheels NonRFT

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 06:41 PM   #52
SkykingUSA
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Got my tags yesterday and will probably apply them to the car this weekend (also using the PPF method). I'll post pictures afterwards.

RichardInCA: Looking at how you positioned your stickers... was just wondering about why you decided on those exact locations and orientations.

For the rear, I see you made it level with the trim line (not level with the ground) and applied it low instead of halfway between the bottom black trim line and the upper body line. Did you consider making it level with the ground instead of the trim, and/or mounting it higher?

For the front, I see you mounted it very high on the bumper. I was thinking of mounting mine on the flared section closest to the ground below where yours are. What made you decide on the upper location?

I'm just interested in others' ideas/opinions before I stick mine on.

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 12:08 AM   #53
RichardInCA
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkykingUSA View Post
Got my tags yesterday and will probably apply them to the car this weekend (also using the PPF method). I'll post pictures afterwards.

RichardInCA: Looking at how you positioned your stickers... was just wondering about why you decided on those exact locations and orientations.

For the rear, I see you made it level with the trim line (not level with the ground) and applied it low instead of halfway between the bottom black trim line and the upper body line. Did you consider making it level with the ground instead of the trim, and/or mounting it higher?

For the front, I see you mounted it very high on the bumper. I was thinking of mounting mine on the flared section closest to the ground below where yours are. What made you decide on the upper location?

I'm just interested in others' ideas/opinions before I stick mine on.
For the rear I was looking to get them somewhat horizontally centered but preferred lower vertically (no reason, just personal preference)

For the front, if I mounted them lower then the shape of the front fender makes it look a bit more prominent to my eye, where I mounted them, it’s on a piece of trim that is angled back from top to bottom which seems a little less “in your face” to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 12:54 AM   #54
SkykingUSA
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardInCA View Post
For the rear I was looking to get them somewhat horizontally centered but preferred lower vertically (no reason, just personal preference)

For the front, if I mounted them lower then the shape of the front fender makes it look a bit more prominent to my eye, where I mounted them, it’s on a piece of trim that is angled back from top to bottom which seems a little less “in your face” to me.
Thanks for sharing. Good points.

Appreciate 1
      04-12-2024, 10:19 AM   #55
RichardInCA
Lieutenant
Rep

One other thought about the rear placement - I like leaving the black trim uncluttered as putting the stickers on them could accentuate them in a way, I also didn’t want them slap in the middle of another panel, so tried to find the best compromise to make them discrete while complying with the guidance on where they should be placed. YMMV as they say
Appreciate 1
Scrapula2752.50
      04-16-2024, 12:07 AM   #56
SkykingUSA
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Finally, some pictures of my HOV stickers. I decided that I liked the placement of yours RichardInCA so I copied you.

Thanks for the suggestions and your thinking behind them. Mine also have PPF behind them so they can be removed more easily in the future if needed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Sisyrx242.50
LVBMW1346.00
      04-16-2024, 08:56 AM   #57
RichardInCA
Lieutenant
Rep

Nice - naturally I approve! I think those positions minimize interrupting the clean lines on the panel. Not sure about where you are, but there are a ton of Teslas round here that seem to have their decals placed by a blindfolded chimp. Very odd.
Appreciate 3
Scrapula2752.50
SkykingUSA1310.50
LVBMW1346.00