BMW i5 and 5-Series Forum

10-24-2023, 12:02 PM   #89
Usman124
Client Advisor
Rep
Drives: BMW

Lol you gotta come back this year to buy another car.

Yes Brian is still the GM.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2023, 06:22 PM   #90
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usman124 View Post
Lol you gotta come back this year to buy another car.

Yes Brian is still the GM.
sure, actually looking to buy 2 cars. X5 and 530i.

i will ping brian.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2023, 03:18 PM   #91
CharlieBravo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 M60

Garage List
2024 BMW i5 M60  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontliketrying View Post
Probably not there’s actually a few things that the US car is missing funny enough one thing I can think of off the top of my head is kick plates yeah….. a few cut corners
When I ordered, couldn't get the rear climate digital controls or the M color stitching on the seat belts or seat welt. Oh well.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1310.50
      11-02-2023, 03:23 PM   #92
Idontliketrying
BMW Client Advisor
Rep
Drives: 2023 Bmw M3 CX

Garage List
2023 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBravo View Post
When I ordered, couldn't get the rear climate digital controls or the M color stitching on the seat belts or seat welt. Oh well.
Are you out of the US? Never was an option stateside
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1310.50
      11-02-2023, 11:31 PM   #93
Silvermember
Rep
Drives: I5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBravo View Post
Turned out there’s a way to get the rear climate digital controls in the US. You just need to ask your dealership to request to add option 4NB (code for 4 zone climate, which contains the rear digital screen). This requires BMWNA’s approval.

Took me so long to find this out. Credit goes to @spatel19, a US buyer who showed proof his order went through: https://g60.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=30481925
Appreciate 5
ando2002.00
SkykingUSA1310.50
      12-20-2023, 11:30 PM   #94
SkykingUSA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 eDrive40

Garage List
Can someone explain the allocation process that dealers tell me about a little more?

I went to a dealer today and placed an order with the sales rep but he said the dealership didn't have a slot available right now and he will check and get back to me with an estimate of when they will be able to order it.

I don't understand why any dealership can't submit an order any time and let BMW build them in the order they come in (the old FIFO policy).

If anyone can help me understand this process, I'd appreciate it. I'm not sure if I should go to my second-choice dealership now and see if they have an open allocation so I don't have to wait any longer than necessary.

Last question - Does anyone have any idea of how long I might have to wait until the dealer gets an allocation for me? Maybe someone has an example they could share about their experience with these allocation wait times?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 08:29 AM   #95
Scrapula
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW i5 M60

The first dealer I went to said that orders go into a desk drawer and can sit for two years. I thought that was BS. So, I went to BMW USA site to view new inventory. I selected in transit vehicles and on the lot. Phoned the one with the most cars and they had allocations open. They were at status 112 and ready to be ordered. I was told that they sell more EVs than the other dealers in the area, so they get more allocations.
Appreciate 2
cpt395.50
SkykingUSA1310.50
      12-21-2023, 01:58 PM   #96
bmwterp
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW I5M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkykingUSA View Post
Can someone explain the allocation process that dealers tell me about a little more?

I went to a dealer today and placed an order with the sales rep but he said the dealership didn't have a slot available right now and he will check and get back to me with an estimate of when they will be able to order it.

I don't understand why any dealership can't submit an order any time and let BMW build them in the order they come in (the old FIFO policy).

If anyone can help me understand this process, I'd appreciate it. I'm not sure if I should go to my second-choice dealership now and see if they have an open allocation so I don't have to wait any longer than necessary.

Last question - Does anyone have any idea of how long I might have to wait until the dealer gets an allocation for me? Maybe someone has an example they could share about their experience with these allocation wait times?

Thanks in advance.
Have you thought about finding one in or around where you live? I know in the DC/Balt/Philly/Richmond area (about 2-3 hour drive) there were plenty of cars that were available. I got almost 20k off (includes 7.5k lease fed tax credit) an M60, plus a lot more for my trade by pricing around and finding one on the lot.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1310.50
      12-21-2023, 09:15 PM   #97
alewifebp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Garage List
2024 i5 M60  [0.00]
Allocations are based on the size of the dealer and relationship with BMW. Look at it this way as an extreme example. You go to the dealer and want a stripped X1, yet the dealer has slots in near future for high margin M cars. The dealer is going to say, please take something we have one on the lot, because they are going to make a lot on the incoming slots.

But plenty of dealers have slots that will replace an incoming car with the exact one you want. Some dealers are just more flexible. No reason to have to wait more than 2 to 3 months from order to delivery.
Appreciate 2
SkykingUSA1310.50
Scrapula2752.50
      12-21-2023, 09:19 PM   #98
Idontliketrying
BMW Client Advisor
Rep

Garage List
2023 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alewifebp View Post
Allocations are based on the size of the dealer and relationship with BMW. Look at it this way as an extreme example. You go to the dealer and want a stripped X1, yet the dealer has slots in near future for high margin M cars. The dealer is going to say, please take something we have one on the lot, because they are going to make a lot on the incoming slots.

But plenty of dealers have slots that will replace an incoming car with the exact one you want. Some dealers are just more flexible. No reason to have to wait more than 2 to 3 months from order to delivery.
I can’t speak for all dealers but I can speak for mine some sales people will push you to something incoming bc of there quota but if you want a specific spec we have no problem ordering, we get allocations monthly for every model the amount we get is based on sales if we don’t sell what we have by the end of the month bmw gives us less so my dealer will punch them as demos or service loaners to not get grief from bmw and keep the allocations flowing. 2 months ago we got over 60 allocations for 330 and some models with allocation you can flex meaning if you have a manual m3 allocation you can change it to a Xdrive or rwd and it will still be that 111/112 status. 2-3 months is ideal for wait time but remember those X1 still come from Germany and a recall can fuck a client over IE the IX with the interior trim delayed us a bit over a month cars were held at VPC
Appreciate 3
SkykingUSA1310.50
Sisyrx242.50
Scrapula2752.50
      12-21-2023, 11:55 PM   #99
SkykingUSA
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwterp View Post
Have you thought about finding one in or around where you live? I know in the DC/Balt/Philly/Richmond area (about 2-3 hour drive) there were plenty of cars that were available. I got almost 20k off (includes 7.5k lease fed tax credit) an M60, plus a lot more for my trade by pricing around and finding one on the lot.
I did consider that and looked at what was available in my wider area but could not find anything close enough. Thanks for the suggestion!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 12:07 AM   #100
SkykingUSA
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I can’t speak for all dealers but I can speak for mine some sales people will push you to something incoming bc of there quota but if you want a specific spec we have no problem ordering, we get allocations monthly for every model the amount we get is based on sales if we don’t sell what we have by the end of the month bmw gives us less so my dealer will punch them as demos or service loaners to not get grief from bmw and keep the allocations flowing. 2 months ago we got over 60 allocations for 330 and some models with allocation you can flex meaning if you have a manual m3 allocation you can change it to a Xdrive or rwd and it will still be that 111/112 status. 2-3 months is ideal for wait time but remember those X1 still come from Germany and a recall can fuck a client over IE the IX with the interior trim delayed us a bit over a month cars were held at VPC
Thanks for the information. That helps me understand how that works. Since it's holiday time, I suppose I should give the dealer until the end of the first week of January to find me a slot to order. If I don't get a slot by then, perhaps I should go to my second choice dealer and see if they have an open slot. Sound reasonable?

Another question: At the time the dealer actually places the order, how important is it to get a proper quote in writing showing the "locked in" price? What I have so far is the sales person's emails which detail the price and terms. You think I can rely on the emails or should I get something on the dealer's letterhead signed by someone there?

The sales guy said he can't lock in pricing in December and it's the first time his dealership has done this, but usually he can lock prices in for other months. Call me cynical, but when I hear stuff like that I can't help wonder if it's just made up to not guarantee a price.

What I'm trying to avoid is the car eventually being delivered, and then the dealer saying the price is higher now so I either pay more or walk away, having to start the whole process over again. I really do not want to wait another 3 months, after already waiting 2-3 months. What do you think?

By the way, I really appreciate hearing from the folks in this forum. You guys have been very helpful. Thanks!
Appreciate 1
Sisyrx242.50
      12-22-2023, 05:49 AM   #101
PsychDoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 540ix

I had no difficulty getting a locked in price when I placed my order in early November. The car was configured exactly as I wanted. The dealership didn't have an allocation slot at that point but about two weeks later I got a build number and now the car's in "production started" status (code 150). Expecting car to complete production by January 24th and hoping for delivery by the first two weeks of March. I can think of no reason that your dealership cannot configure the car as you would like and give you a solid, guaranteed price with a fully refundable $1k deposit should you change your mind for any reason. If they can't or won't you may want to move on to another dealership.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1310.50
      12-22-2023, 05:08 PM   #102
Idontliketrying
BMW Client Advisor
Rep

Garage List
2023 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkykingUSA View Post
Thanks for the information. That helps me understand how that works. Since it's holiday time, I suppose I should give the dealer until the end of the first week of January to find me a slot to order. If I don't get a slot by then, perhaps I should go to my second choice dealer and see if they have an open slot. Sound reasonable?

Another question: At the time the dealer actually places the order, how important is it to get a proper quote in writing showing the "locked in" price? What I have so far is the sales person's emails which detail the price and terms. You think I can rely on the emails or should I get something on the dealer's letterhead signed by someone there?

The sales guy said he can't lock in pricing in December and it's the first time his dealership has done this, but usually he can lock prices in for other months. Call me cynical, but when I hear stuff like that I can't help wonder if it's just made up to not guarantee a price.

What I'm trying to avoid is the car eventually being delivered, and then the dealer saying the price is higher now so I either pay more or walk away, having to start the whole process over again. I really do not want to wait another 3 months, after already waiting 2-3 months. What do you think?

By the way, I really appreciate hearing from the folks in this forum. You guys have been very helpful. Thanks!
Programs can be locked for 3 months but 39 month lease can’t . Approvals can be locked into 120 days. And yes get your letterhead aka first pencil that shows the prices and that can be provieded as long as you have your build code to go off your spec and rates right now are about 5.5% plus markup rate if your dealer does that. Your CA doesn’t sound the most experienced if you’re in Florida or can register the car in Florida I can get you your desired X1
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1310.50
      12-22-2023, 06:29 PM   #103
SkykingUSA
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
I had no difficulty getting a locked in price when I placed my order in early November. The car was configured exactly as I wanted. The dealership didn't have an allocation slot at that point but about two weeks later I got a build number and now the car's in "production started" status (code 150). Expecting car to complete production by January 24th and hoping for delivery by the first two weeks of March. I can think of no reason that your dealership cannot configure the car as you would like and give you a solid, guaranteed price with a fully refundable $1k deposit should you change your mind for any reason. If they can't or won't you may want to move on to another dealership.
Quote:
Programs can be locked for 3 months but 39 month lease can’t . Approvals can be locked into 120 days. And yes get your letterhead aka first pencil that shows the prices and that can be provieded as long as you have your build code to go off your spec and rates right now are about 5.5% plus markup rate if your dealer does that. Your CA doesn’t sound the most experienced if you’re in Florida or can register the car in Florida I can get you your desired X1
Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking for an i5 eDrive40 and am not in Florida. I noticed that the dealership just ran my credit today so hopefully I'll hear from them soon with a slot. Once they are ready to actually place the order, I'll ask for an official quote showing all the details.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2024, 06:21 PM   #104
Minh-SA_TX
Minh SA,TX
Rep
Drives: Audi Q3, BMW i4M50, Jeep

Exclamation Package ZDH Dynamic Handling package available Dec 2023

I was able on 12/19 to add package ZDH Dynamic Handling Package, for $3600, which:
- Replaces standard 2VV Adaptive Suspension Professional with new 2VW Adaptive M Suspension Professional; not sure what that means exactly, but may mean that without that ZDH package, you may be losing rear wheel steering, you'd better double check if ordering in 2024.
- Adds ZX5 Active Roll Stabilization, which are the electric motors between the left and right halves of the anti-roll bars (a.k.a sway bars) that allow the computer to defeat the left to right car roll in turns, but also allows wheels to move more freely when the car is horizontal and there are bumps on one side of the road (feature called Active Roll Comfort).
Appreciate 3
Scrapula2752.50
LVBMW1346.00
Sisyrx242.50
      02-11-2024, 08:52 AM   #105
scas12
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi SQ5, i5 M60

Std trim ZWT

I’m picking up an i5 m60 and it has no trim option specified on the spec sheet other than ZWT- AG std trim. I’m ok with any trim, I’m just curious what trim this actually is. Anyone know?
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1310.50
      02-11-2024, 10:26 AM   #106
Idontliketrying
BMW Client Advisor
Rep

Garage List
2023 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scas12 View Post
I’m picking up an i5 m60 and it has no trim option specified on the spec sheet other than ZWT- AG std trim. I’m ok with any trim, I’m just curious what trim this actually is. Anyone know?
I just woke up sorry for the late reply you have Dark Grapphite Matte effect trim with dark silver accent
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1310.50
      02-11-2024, 10:40 AM   #107
scas12
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi SQ5, i5 M60

Thanks!
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1310.50