11-30-2023, 02:12 PM   #1
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

New i50 M60: One Issue, Two Questions

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Loving my new I5 M60. Car drives great, could not be happier.

One question. One issue.

Question: Due to power company rebates in my area, I only want to charge between midnight and 8 AM. However, if I plug the car in without selecting a future departure time, it automatically starts charging immediately. Is there any way to plug it in and not have a charge immediately even if I don’t select a few future departure time? When I select a departure time it works perfectly.

Question: Is there a way to eliminate "D" and just have the car go to "B" when going into drive?

Issue: This seems to be widespread amonst those with cars with Drive 8.5, but I’ll ask anyway. Half the time I get into the car, the car does not automatically connect to my iphone and I’m forced to reboot both the phone and the iDrive system. This is getting quite annoying, does anybody have a solution?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2023, 05:05 PM   #2
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
Loving my new I5 M60. Car drives great, could not be happier.

Issue: This seems to be widespread amonst those with cars with Drive 8.5, but I’ll ask anyway. Half the time I get into the car, the car does not automatically connect to my iphone and I’m forced to reboot both the phone and the iDrive system. This is getting quite annoying, does anybody have a solution?
Good to hear you're enjoying your car. I picked up
A 530i today and it's overall pretty cool. So far so good. I do notice a few things where BMW has IMO over valued engineered. The first one is the door pod containing the mirror/window switches. Works fine, just looks a bit cheap(er) than what was used in the G30. Maybe a higher line G60 gets a nicer switch pod?

I really am surprised BMW raised the floor in the trunk to accommodate the donut spare. It's as if the car was designed to be used with runflats, yet they don't offer any (at least as of now).

Regarding your issue, sounds like a software issue. I assume you've already tried deleting your phone pairing and trying again? Keep your iOS updated and look for remote software updates offered OTA. Since these OTA updates only come periodically, you can take it in and complain about your iPhone connectivity problems which will help get your iStep updated to latest. In my case, so far my Android Auto is working ok. However it hasn't been 24 hours of ownership so it's too early to tell.

Btw, I test drove an M60. While I found the sound effects to be a bit silly, the power was off the charts incredible. Be careful with that thing. Dangerous power.
      11-30-2023, 05:48 PM   #3
CamiloM550
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550

Go into your charging app in your i5. You can change all your charging settings there
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2023, 09:46 PM   #4
alewifebp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Garage List
2024 i5 M60  [0.00]
If you are using a wallbox charger, you can further set it there too. My provider performs a connection to a Chargepoint so that they can determine when to give you the discount.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2023, 10:43 PM   #5
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamiloM550 View Post
Go into your charging app in your i5. You can change all your charging settings there
I've been in there....just cannot figure out this setting...
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2023, 02:15 PM   #6
Jurama81
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i5 M60 and X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
I've been in there....just cannot figure out this setting...
I've had the same question. Why can't you just have a delayed start.
Appreciate 0