03-24-2024, 08:21 PM   #23
AddyDaddy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 M60, M5's, 535.335, M550i

Garage List
My connected store doesn’t offer the pro package to buy,
I have executive package and the parking assistant plus, but store is showing I have every download that’s available. I really want the remote parking/ ability for it to remember parking spots. Only had for 3 days so still learning. Did someone say the pro parking will become avail after a few days of owning the car?

Ty
2019 M550 686BK Black Chrome 20"wheels, filters, Evolve Stage 1, Res delete
2024 i5 M60 Cape York Green
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1434.50
      03-25-2024, 12:14 PM   #24
MikeElmendorf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5/2024 i5 M60

So, I had Parking Assistant Professional--bought it for a 3 month period when I got the car. It expired while I was away and now is not appearing in the Connected Drive store for me to renew, either.

Remote control parking never worked for me, but I liked being able to save a path for parking--got me in the exact right/same spot every time in my garage, for instance. That's no longer enabled.

Anyone else see the Parking Assistant Pro disappear from their store too and figure out how to fix it?
Appreciate 2
LVBMW1537.00
SkykingUSA1434.50
      03-25-2024, 01:43 PM   #25
scas12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi SQ5, i5 M60

Per my earlier post, it’s a known issue and should be fixed in the may OTA software update. If you can’t wait, the dealers have access to that new version now.
Appreciate 2
LVBMW1537.00
SkykingUSA1434.50
      03-25-2024, 03:16 PM   #26
MikeElmendorf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5/2024 i5 M60

Thanks, SCAS. I thought I had seem something to that effect but could not find it. I’ll wait until May I guess.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1434.50
      03-26-2024, 02:04 AM   #27
SkykingUSA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 eDrive40

Garage List
On the subject of parking assistant, after the system finds a spot for you to park in, is there a way to deny that spot and either pick a different one or to tell it to continue looking? The couple of times I tried it, the system found a spot that I didn't want to park in, but I couldn't figure out how to tell it to park me in a different spot without circling around and driving down the aisle again.
2024 i5 eDrive40 / Vegas Red / Black Veganza / Dark Oak Gloss Trim with Dark Silv Acc / Premium Package / M Sport Package / M Sport Pro Package / Driving Assistance Pro Package / Luxury Seating Package / 19" 936 M Aero Wheels NonRFT

Appreciate 1
Scrapula2877.00
      03-26-2024, 03:12 AM   #28
LVBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60 '23 Tesla Model Y-P

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkykingUSA View Post
On the subject of parking assistant, after the system finds a spot for you to park in, is there a way to deny that spot and either pick a different one or to tell it to continue looking? The couple of times I tried it, the system found a spot that I didn't want to park in, but I couldn't figure out how to tell it to park me in a different spot without circling around and driving down the aisle again.
I believe the only way is to keep driving and see if it detects other spots. It will continue scanning and identifying spots if you don’t choose one to start automatic parking.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1434.50
      03-26-2024, 07:42 PM   #29
SkykingUSA
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
I kept driving, but it didn't find any other spots, despite a bunch of empty spots in a row. I'll have to try it again. Thanks.
2024 i5 eDrive40 / Vegas Red / Black Veganza / Dark Oak Gloss Trim with Dark Silv Acc / Premium Package / M Sport Package / M Sport Pro Package / Driving Assistance Pro Package / Luxury Seating Package / 19" 936 M Aero Wheels NonRFT

Appreciate 2
Scrapula2877.00
LVBMW1537.00
      05-11-2024, 11:45 PM   #30
mismail7
wiiii
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 M60

Garage List
2024 i5 M60  [0.00]
2024 i5 M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonallterrain View Post
if you have the premium or executive package, then your car is equipped with parking assitance plus. you can then go to the connectdrive store to purchase the parking assistance pro package. there is a 3 month free trial for free or you can pay it one-off at $220. ths pro package will give you the remote parking function.
I have a 2024 i5 M60 with premium package but it does not have the parking assistance pro package through connectdrive store for me to subscribe to. I do not have the feature for remote park on the app. I am able to get it to parallel park. I did confirm it has the driving assistance pro package. Dealer did subscribe me to everything except traffic camera as part of my lease. Thoughts?

Read on another thread that you need 3/2024.xx software to get that option. Currently have 11/2023.58 .. Anyone hear about this?

Last edited by mismail7; 05-12-2024 at 12:06 AM..
Appreciate 2
SkykingUSA1434.50
LVBMW1537.00
      05-12-2024, 09:19 PM   #31
SkykingUSA
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mismail7 View Post
I have a 2024 i5 M60 with premium package but it does not have the parking assistance pro package through connectdrive store for me to subscribe to. I do not have the feature for remote park on the app. I am able to get it to parallel park. I did confirm it has the driving assistance pro package. Dealer did subscribe me to everything except traffic camera as part of my lease. Thoughts?

Read on another thread that you need 3/2024.xx software to get that option. Currently have 11/2023.58 .. Anyone hear about this?
This is a common misconception with the parking packages because it's confusing at first. The Premium Package includes "Parking Assistant Plus", not "Parking Assistant Professional" in the United States (I hear it is included in the Canadian Premium Package, but I can't confirm that). The pro must be purchased (or subscribed to) through the ConnectedDrive store. However, earlier this year it was pulled from the store for all cars with onboard software before 2024 due to what I think was a bug. Once your car gets upgraded to one of the 2024 software versions (either through the dealership or an over the air update (OTA), you will see the Pro package in the store and be able to purchase/subscribe to it.

I suspect your next question will be what is the difference between the "Parking Assistant Plus" that you already own, and the "Parking Assistant Professional". See this post for that answer:

https://g60.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...assistant+plus

Appreciate 1
LVBMW1537.00
      05-13-2024, 02:29 AM   #32
SkykingUSA
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I kept driving, but it didn't find any other spots, despite a bunch of empty spots in a row. I'll have to try it again. Thanks.
I played with the parking pro again today and realized that the car does show the spot that it wants to park in, but only in my instrument cluster screen. I was previously looking at the center screen in the camera views and didn't see it. Now that I know to look behind the steering wheel, I can see the spot that it identifies. It parked fine a bunch of times in an empty department store parking lot where I was testing it. Happy with that.

However, when I got out of the car to try the remote parking, that would not work at all. I would stand about 2-3 feet away from the drivers door and the app would keep telling me to move closer to the car. When I stood about 6 inches from the car right beside the windshield on the driver's side, it picked up the signal and made me calibrate the phone, which I did successfully, then it lost connection again and I had to start over. I tried multiple times from different spots and it would never get past the calibration step, and only got to that step twice. Most of the time, it said I was too far away from the car.

I wonder if the window tinting is causing the connection from my phone to whatever it's connecting with to be weak. Has anyone been able to perform the remote parking feature with any consistency at all?

Appreciate 2
Scrapula2877.00
LVBMW1537.00
      05-13-2024, 01:50 PM   #33
LVBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60 '23 Tesla Model Y-P

Garage List
Quote:
I played with the parking pro again today and realized that the car does show the spot that it wants to park in, but only in my instrument cluster screen. I was previously looking at the center screen in the camera views and didn't see it. Now that I know to look behind the steering wheel, I can see the spot that it identifies. It parked fine a bunch of times in an empty department store parking lot where I was testing it. Happy with that.

However, when I got out of the car to try the remote parking, that would not work at all. I would stand about 2-3 feet away from the drivers door and the app would keep telling me to move closer to the car. When I stood about 6 inches from the car right beside the windshield on the driver's side, it picked up the signal and made me calibrate the phone, which I did successfully, then it lost connection again and I had to start over. I tried multiple times from different spots and it would never get past the calibration step, and only got to that step twice. Most of the time, it said I was too far away from the car.

I wonder if the window tinting is causing the connection from my phone to whatever it's connecting with to be weak. Has anyone been able to perform the remote parking feature with any consistency at all?
It works for me 90% of the time. Occasionally I get an error that the bluetooth signal is too weak no matter how close I stand.
Appreciate 1
Scrapula2877.00