B58-M340iX
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Dude. THE ENTIRE DETAILING INDUSTRY. Many lawyers have been involved. Emails were published. Pan made videos about it!

This is not an opinion. It's not an i-don't-agree thing. It's just facts[/url]
Yeah, there was a company trying to stir up things but that was all debunked. I don't know what else you're talking about. He makes quality videos and there is nothing at all wrong with the video I posted. It has quality information where we can make our own decision on what to use, but he provides his own recommendations based on his use case and detailing conditions. It seems you're a bit passionate about this. However, I'm willing to look more into this if you have more information about the so-called "entire detailing industry" and all these "lawyers"...

I watch channels that absolutely refuse to do any sponsored videos or product reviews - that's great. However, there's nothing wrong with someone taking money to do actual reviews as long as it is fully disclosed at the start of the video. Pan recommends varying brands and doesn't just tell you to buy "X, Y, and Z" brands and that's it. He provides options for low, mid, and high budgets, time-lapsed testing, and even tests that span months. You can not like him if you want, but there's no denying he absolutely knows what he's talking about and provides everyone with quality videos to understand more about products and how to properly detail your car. I'm happy if Pan makes a bit of money for all of the information he's provided me. He should be paid for his time and I'm happy to use my YouTube Premium or affiliate links to Amazon to insure he makes a bit of cash.

Last edited by B58-M340iX; 03-04-2023 at 11:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2023, 11:31 AM   #24
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Dude. THE ENTIRE DETAILING INDUSTRY. Many lawyers have been involved. Emails were published. Pan made videos about it!

This is not an opinion. It's not an i-don't-agree thing. It's just facts.

It's like saying, "... but Enron is a quality energy trading firm! I'm not sure where you're getting this "

Broadly, if you want to understand how the detailing influencer industry works & gets paid, Scott HD does a good job (e.g., $5k pro-actively put in your paypal acct to do "unsponsored" reviews):

My question in my # 20 post ?

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick61292.50
      03-04-2023, 05:22 PM   #25
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by B58-M340iX View Post
Yeah, there was a company trying to stir up things but that was all debunked.
It's pretty hard to debunk an email where you accept payment for a review, and then in the review you say it's a non sponsored video.

What you're doing is (ignorantly) joining in the defense of deceptive business practices wherein a shady influencer - Pan the Advertiser - defends his non disclosed paid review as not sponsored cuz he's not being paid to say nice things, rather just being paid behind the scenes; so he says he doesn't need to disclose. But, since he doesn't want to destroy his future gravy train, OF COURSE he gives glowing reviews!

This practice got so bad, as did the legal jeopardy, that YouTube changed its policies!

And this ignores all the other perks like paid trips, free product, juiced products provided for reviews, etc etc

Purely curious, do you really believe Pan is an unpaid reviewer??

I mean if Scott is getting $5,000 put into his PayPal account proactively before he ever even gets an email request for a review, what do you think Pan is getting?

Last edited by GrussGott; 03-05-2023 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2023, 05:56 PM   #26
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
My question in my # 20 post ?
Ha well I find PBM and all their retail brands & products to be shady as fuck so I avoid all of it.

Same with Chicago auto pros and the hipster dude that runs it, Jeremy or whatever
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2023, 07:12 AM   #27
PHXATC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 911 '20 430i '20 Explorer

All pissing and moaning aside, the less you touch your car's paint with anything, the less chance of scratches. Obviously you cannot go through life not touching your car's paint.

Find some videos on youtube (already mentioned however Obsessed Garage has some good ones, although his content is off the car detailing rails the last year and more 'obsessed' with his own bottom line, so search some videos that are 4 to 5 years ago, they are better) about car washing and detailing.

You don't need expensive products, however, there is a balance and tipping point somewhere for using better products that cost a bit more versus the over hyped crap that is just expensive to pay for the marketing. Find and try things that work for YOU, not the next person on here. Everyone's situation is different: how you drive your car, how often you drive your car, how often you want to/can wash your car, where you live (humidity, snow, sun, salt, etc.), and your budget.

To me, in learning all this stuff about detailing and a simple maintenance wash, was to learn about my patience level, cultivating and trying products and finding what I like THEN STICKING WITH THEM, and determining my time frame for protection (wax is lovely but needs replacement every 6 or so months, ceramic is lovely but expensive initial outlay and takes 5 times longer to install and yet lasts 2-5 years).

The journey is part of the fun. How obsessive you want to be, is up to you. Don't get suckered down a rabbit hole of buying stuff you don't need - find value in the products you purchase, find value in the time you spend, and then go crack a beer or 3 and enjoy your hard work and drive the car while it is looking beautiful!
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18198.00
      03-05-2023, 08:42 AM   #28
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Pan the Organizer, you just have to laugh at the guy. I've been watching for several years and enjoy his content sometimes for what it is...entertainment. I've used enough products to be able to run his videos thru my own personal filter to know what is real and what is BS. But man, he hasn't met a product he doesn't like, go ahead and try to find a video where he doesn't like the product. I've never seen a guy be so openly and blatantly bought off by just about every product he's approached with. Then he makes a video trying to refute it, quite cringy. If you've going to do it, just own it.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18198.00
      03-05-2023, 11:53 AM   #29
B58-M340iX
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Garage List
He provides so much information on how to do a proper wash and recommends various different brands. Is there a brand he's talked about or reviewed that you have disliked so much you'd never use it? Most modern products will perform decently but it mainly depends on your budget and if you appropriately deconned the paint prior to applying your protection. Guess you guys are not a fan - he's not dedicated to a single product or two and has mentioned products he doesn't like for specific purposes.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2023, 04:00 PM   #30
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXATC View Post

the less you touch your car's paint with anything, the less chance of scratches

... finding what I like THEN STICKING WITH THEM
Great post!

The one thing I'd add to the points above is, I've found for me a daily rinseless speed wash is the best way to avoid marring since if there's ANY dirt / dust on your car someone is gonna brush up against it and there's the scratches

For examples, after a rainy road trip the rear of the car was toasted with dirt and when I washed it, this heinous V scratch was under it:

It will polish out, might take 2-step tho, but I have no idea how it got there, especially since the bottom of the tailgate opens down covering the bumper when loading.

Since I never got near there while it was dirty my only guess is, someone brushed it with a bag or something walking by.

Anyway, since I've started doing a 20 min speed wash most days (good exercise!) this hasn't happened again.
Appreciate 1
PHXATC82.00
      03-05-2023, 08:36 PM   #31
Tejas1836
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5MC Workmaster 75

Quote:
Great post!

The one thing I'd add to the points above is, I've found for me a daily rinseless speed wash is the best way to avoid marring since if there's ANY dirt / dust on your car someone is gonna brush up against it and there's the scratches

For examples, after a rainy road trip the rear of the car was toasted with dirt and when I washed it, this heinous V scratch was under it:

It will polish out, might take 2-step tho, but I have no idea how it got there, especially since the bottom of the tailgate opens down covering the bumper when loading.

Since I never got near there while it was dirty my only guess is, someone brushed it with a bag or something walking by.

Anyway, since I've started doing a 20 min speed wash most days (good exercise!) this hasn't happened again.
That part of any of my cars is a scratch magnet, one of the few places I put PPF