VA Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F82

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Keep coping bruh - hope the tears stop soon and you can finally get some rest at night.

Attachment 2946855
No tears. 15 years 7. 7 years 1.

I just don’t get an argument being made at this point.

Those who think Max is the greatest or even equal to the 7x club, may ultimately end up correct, but it’s an objectively ridiculous argument in the year 2022.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 07:33 PM   #288
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
What's the context of this graphic?
I know LH44 fans struggle with simple things but look at those numbers then take into account the podiums stolen from Max that season. Derpppppp LH44 cHaMpuNsHep StOlan Derppppppppppp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrB View Post
No tears. 15 years 7. 7 years 1.

I just don’t get an argument being made at this point.

Those who think Max is the greatest or even equal to the 7x club, may ultimately end up correct, but it’s an objectively ridiculous argument in the year 2022.
And yet no one, except LH44 fans even consider him in the same sentence as Ayrton Senna who won only 3.

Imagine thinking 7x championships, most of which came in a car miles ahead of the grid, makes you a GOAT.
Appreciate 4
      08-02-2022, 07:57 PM   #289
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
I know LH44 fans struggle with simple things but look at those numbers then take into account the podiums stolen from Max that season. Derpppppp LH44 cHaMpuNsHep StOlan Derppppppppppp

And yet no one, except LH44 fans even consider him in the same sentence as Ayrton Senna who won only 3.

Imagine thinking 7x championships, most of which came in a car miles ahead of the grid, makes you a GOAT.

OK focused on last season. Gotcha.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 08:05 PM   #290
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:

Agreed. He's good, not great despite what the "titles" say. His championships are the equivalent of me racing in a GT2 RS while everyone else is racing in a base 997 (with a manual nonetheless).
Any above average driver would have won in the MB. I mean Bottas is a decent driver and once in the MB was able to run top 3 in the championship. Russell's run in Ham's car was further proof that the car was so fast that even a decent driver or someone who has never driven could just jump in and win. Ham is all car...as we can see this year. Max was able to take a slower car and put together the best single season ever in terms of laps led, wins, podiums, etc. He will break that record this year too in a car that is still not the fastest on the grid. His driver skill is the X factor.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61366.00
      08-02-2022, 08:30 PM   #291
TheMrB
VA Bimmer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:

Oh, you’re one of those. Carry on son.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 08:46 PM   #292
TheMrB
VA Bimmer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Agreed. He's good, not great despite what the "titles" say. His championships are the equivalent of me racing in a GT2 RS while everyone else is racing in a base 997 (with a manual nonetheless).
Any above average driver would have won in the MB. I mean Bottas is a decent driver and once in the MB was able to run top 3 in the championship. Russell's run in Ham's car was further proof that the car was so fast that even a decent driver or someone who has never driven could just jump in and win. Ham is all car...as we can see this year. Max was able to take a slower car and put together the best single season ever in terms of laps led, wins, podiums, etc. He will break that record this year too in a car that is still not the fastest on the grid. His driver skill is the X factor.
The gymnastics folks go through to diminish this one man’s accomplishments. I honestly don’t understand it. If he won the races on foot, someone would say, “well, he was carrying far less weight than those big heavy cars”.

There is literally nothing he can do at this point, to get his flowers from the folks that insist on downplaying his earned place in the sport. I don’t want to devolve into a civics or history lesson here but the obstacles he faced just to in an F1; Suffice to say, it’s pretty convenient the only time he’s been “the right” guy, in “the right” place is in F1 of all places.….It’s disappointing really.
Appreciate 3
minn1914075.00
MontyB11421.00
      08-02-2022, 08:58 PM   #293
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
The gymnastics folks go through to diminish this one man’s accomplishments. I honestly don’t understand it. If he won the races on foot, someone would say, “well, he was carrying far less weight than those big heavy cars”.

There is literally nothing he can do at this point, to get his flowers from the folks that insist on downplaying his earned place in the sport. I don’t want to devolve into a civics or history lesson here but the obstacles he faced just to in an F1; Suffice to say, it’s pretty convenient the only time he’s been “the right” guy, in “the right” place is in F1 of all places.….It’s disappointing really.
I could say it's equally as disappointing to hear people try to diminish Max's 2021 season - one of the most dominant seasons ever by a WDC. His accomplishments in that season surpassed any season any F1 driver has ever had, yet people try to talk it down.
I am just sharing my opinion (which I believe most would say is fair) on Ham.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 08-02-2022 at 09:09 PM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61366.00
      08-02-2022, 09:51 PM   #294
TheMrB
VA Bimmer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
I could say it's equally as disappointing to hear people try to diminish Max's 2021 season - one of the most dominant seasons ever by a WDC. His accomplishments in that season surpassed any season any F1 driver has ever had, yet people try to talk it down.
I am just sharing my opinion (which I believe most would say is fair) on Ham.
I would argue that point; a single season, ended in controversy and a contract employment termination to boot, in part due to the “human error” and subsequent blowback, per FIA v. the diminishing of an entire, extraordinarily successful, not yet concluded, 15 year career.

I am confident, that if ‘21 is followed by 5-7 yrs of sustained success, ‘21 will get its due. Right now, the commentators can’t get through a race without mentioning the controversy…because it was a legitimate controversy AND without it ending up, the way it did, it’s the 73 win Golden State Warriors.

BUT, passionate fandom and unwavering support of who you like is the only reason any of this matters.

Max is a dog. There is no arguing. I posit, in a sport, so very reliant on technological advancements, single season accomplishments carry less and less weight as time goes on. Same goes for lots of sports…bigger, faster, stronger but F1 goes further than any sport I can think of, literally changing (complete overhauls) rules of the game, from one season to the next.

What we’re left with, as a fair measure, is excellence/time. Max just doesn’t have the time.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 11:51 PM   #295
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

The best basketball player ever doesn't have the most NBA championships. Do I think there has been more talented drivers in F1 history than Lewis...yes. But that doesn't diminish his ability to take what is given to him, in the era he has driven in and deliver the goods better than anyone currently. Now only if Nico didn't exist he would have 8 right now. Lewis will go down as one of the best.

Quote:
...it’s pretty convenient the only time he’s been “the right” guy, in “the right” place is in F1 of all places.….It’s disappointing really.
Everyone forgets when Lewis declared he was moving to Merc from McLaren, everyone in the media said he was out of his mind.

Little did everyone know Merc was going to dominate the hybrid era for almost a decade.

Last edited by M3WC; 08-02-2022 at 11:56 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2022, 02:16 AM   #296
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
THIS !!!
Well said my friend . Damn well said !
I see that the greenies tried to stop the Zandvoort race asking the Council of State to revoke the circuits 'environmental permit'.
Thankfully the Council threw out the greenies appeal after a court in Haarlem rejected their ridiculous claim about nitrogen levels.
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2022, 02:47 AM   #297
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

"Greatest of all time": depends on what criterions matter most for you personally + when you poll (careers already ended ? careers still ongoing ?).

"All time": that's quite a stretch - has anyone seen Fangio and other oldtimers at work ? Better to say "of a generation".

If most of your peers say that they consider you to be the best of your field right now, then it could be you. But there have been folks preceeding you and there will come a day of others entering - circle of life As a kid I appreciated Prost as a clinical driver, but I liked Senna more for his daredevil antics. But that's just me. Several peers say that Senna was next level.

Verstappen or Hamilton ? Come on, folks: we have the privilege to witness them still giving their level best, competing each other, this season. Can't say that anno 2022 about Fangio, Lauda, Prost, Senna or Michael Schumacher, etc.: you won't see those champions inside an F1 car racing now.

So let's enjoy them showing their skills and tricks on track.
      08-03-2022, 02:59 AM   #298
M5Rick
General
Rep

10th to 1st, how Max did it.

Sainz at the end asking questions calmly on the radio but just being told none
of the tyres performed well on the 1.75 which may be partly attributed to a
hot weather set-up when it got cooler though I feel the main problem was calling
them in too soon copying RUS and Max at first.

Last edited by M5Rick; 08-03-2022 at 05:05 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2022, 03:22 AM   #299
DS_BMW88
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 218i Coupe

Garage List
Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
I see that the greenies tried to stop the Zandvoort race asking the Council of State to revoke the circuits 'environmental permit'.
Thankfully the Council threw out the greenies appeal after a court in Haarlem rejected their ridiculous claim about nitrogen levels.
The Petrol heads in the Netherlands still prevail
Appreciate 3
      08-03-2022, 04:12 AM   #300
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS_BMW88 View Post
The Petrol heads in the Netherlands still prevail
We have enough of the greenies over here too
Appreciate 2
      08-03-2022, 05:34 AM   #301
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Yeah . These green gremlims can't touch it ...
Zandvoort will be there and in 2023 as well !

Green Idiots !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick61366.00
DrFerry6731.50
      08-03-2022, 05:52 AM   #302
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah . These green gremlims can't touch it ...
Zandvoort will be there and in 2023 as well !

Green Idiots !
There needs to be another 'Salem' witch hunt for each these green bobbins when they pop up
Appreciate 2
      08-03-2022, 06:54 AM   #303
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

LEC has been a team player WAY TO LONG. He has taken responsibility for his mistakes while Osama BinOtto spits nothing but excuses. Time to throw him under the bus!!!!

Appreciate 2
M5Rick61366.00
      08-03-2022, 08:14 AM   #304
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
I would argue that point; a single season, ended in controversy and a contract employment termination to boot, in part due to the “human error” and subsequent blowback, per FIA v. the diminishing of an entire, extraordinarily successful, not yet concluded, 15 year career.

I am confident, that if ‘21 is followed by 5-7 yrs of sustained success, ‘21 will get its due. Right now, the commentators can’t get through a race without mentioning the controversy…because it was a legitimate controversy AND without it ending up, the way it did, it’s the 73 win Golden State Warriors.

BUT, passionate fandom and unwavering support of who you like is the only reason any of this matters.

Max is a dog. There is no arguing. I posit, in a sport, so very reliant on technological advancements, single season accomplishments carry less and less weight as time goes on. Same goes for lots of sports…bigger, faster, stronger but F1 goes further than any sport I can think of, literally changing (complete overhauls) rules of the game, from one season to the next.

What we’re left with, as a fair measure, is excellence/time. Max just doesn’t have the time.
Lewis' first championship was a complete sham. Something the mob would have devised.
IMO the rules completely allowed Masi to do what he did. Masi also let Ham's cutting of the track to go unpunished when it should have carried a 5 second penalty. On top of that, if the situation at the end was reversed, you know MB would be asking for a 1 lap battle - you cannot have it both ways. Races should never end under a SC. And the rules were changed bc the FIA knew what happened was totally within the rules. The fact that MB then blackmailed the FIA to get rid of Masi was total BS (and ironically enough they now with there was only 1 RD, LOL).
I would also argue that some of the best players in any sport may have never even won a championship. Lewis' titles mean absolutely nothing in terms of that ranking and in fact, knowing what we know about how MB spent years building an engine before it was approved when no one else did actually diminishes any accomplishment of his (seeing how winning in that car was not hard at all) - it is akin to to sports fixing or paying off refs IMO. I doubt anyone would say Ham is as good as Senna despite Senna only winning 3 WDCs.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 08-03-2022 at 08:45 AM..
Appreciate 3
      08-03-2022, 08:30 AM   #305
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
LEC has been a team player WAY TO LONG. He has taken responsibility for his mistakes while Osama BinOtto spits nothing but excuses. Time to throw him under the bus!!!!

Wolff knew immediately where Bino hadn't a clue about tire allocation for P & Q, does he even know how to park a car?
Appreciate 2
      08-03-2022, 09:06 AM   #306
Steeler
Colonel
Rep

It's 2022 fellas, move the fuck on.

New regs, new era.
Deal with it.
Never a VER fan but can't deny his abilities.
However denying another drivers talents to build up VER only adds to the dislike of him IMO.

Time will tell if VER can maintain the superiority he is enjoying now.
None of us have a crystal ball and definitively saying he will rule the sport for x amount of years is dick measuring of the highest order.

And please can we stop all the HAM bashing or any other driver for that matter.
Like a driver or not personally, it is childish, narrow minded and divisive to pick on every little thing they do on or off track.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 7
3798j11605.00
TheMrB55.00
MontyB11421.00
tdott3956.00
minn1914075.00
Bongoxxx804.00
      08-03-2022, 09:12 AM   #307
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
It's 2022 fellas, move the fuck on.

New regs, new era.
Deal with it.
Never a VER fan but can't deny his abilities.
However denying another drivers talents to build up VER only adds to the dislike of him IMO.

Time will tell if VER can maintain the superiority he is enjoying now.
None of us have a crystal ball and definitively saying he will rule the sport for x amount of years is dick measuring of the highest order.

And please can we stop all the HAM bashing or any other driver for that matter.
Like a driver or not personally, it is childish, narrow minded and divisive to pick on every little thing they do on or off track.
LOL not going to happen. You just learn to read (or not read) and move on. A good chunk of posts are not even relevant it's just back/forth between fan bases. Threads from a year ago still get posted to and bring up old stuff.
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2022, 09:20 AM   #308
Steeler
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
LOL not going to happen. You just learn to read (or not read) and move on. A good chunk of posts are not even relevant it's just back/forth between fan bases. Threads from a year ago still get posted to and bring up old stuff.
One can hope.
Unfortunately anonymous posting brings out the worst in many.
Appreciate 0