BMW i5 and 5-Series Forum

05-05-2022, 10:13 PM   #45
br438
Infinite Boulder Roller
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Raptor

For the ignorance (I have plenty)... Is there a reason not to use one of my (2) Stihl blowers to dry the car? I have a backpack and a hand-held.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 12:10 AM   #46
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by br438 View Post
For the ignorance (I have plenty)... Is there a reason not to use one of my (2) Stihl blowers to dry the car? I have a backpack and a hand-held.
I wouldn't think that would be a problem. Usually those have a higher price point to start off with, so, people just choose to start off with a cheaper option.

Appreciate 1
br438584.50
      05-06-2022, 05:03 PM   #47
Sparky_12
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp xDrive Convertibl

Quote:
Originally Posted by br438 View Post
It's probably more about the CFMs and whether or not you want to worry about a cord which your backpack unit would make easier. Curious if it worked for you.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 10:20 AM   #48
Saywhat4118
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335; F15 X5; G83

Sparky_12 is your G83 a Tanzanite Blue? Also is it wrapped or just ceramic coated?

I have a G83 suntek PPF and Ceramic coated. I get dust build up overnight just sitting in my garage!! It's insane. Just trying to minimize those because the dust accumulation is driving me crazy. I hand wash once a week but my car looks like it hasn't been washed in months. And I drive the car like twice a week lol.
      06-25-2022, 12:42 PM   #49
Sparky_12
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saywhat4118 View Post
Sparky_12 is your G83 a Tanzanite Blue? Also is it wrapped or just ceramic coated?

I have a G83 suntek PPF and Ceramic coated. I get dust build up overnight just sitting in my garage!! It's insane. Just trying to minimize those because the dust accumulation is driving me crazy. I hand wash once a week but my car looks like it hasn't been washed in months. And I drive the car like twice a week lol.
Yep - TBII over FR. I PPF'd the front clip and did ceramic on the entire thing. I also notice dust buildup immediately after the wash but still miles better than when it was pollen season. I don't wash mine too often, tbh, maybe once a month and usually when the brake squeal gets unbearable. Lol. It's the wheels that piss me off the most - I can deal with some dust on the paint but the gold-ish tint from the brake dust annoys me.
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2022, 01:16 PM   #50
Saywhat4118
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335; F15 X5; G83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky_12 View Post
Yep - TBII over FR. I PPF'd the front clip and did ceramic on the entire thing. I also notice dust buildup immediately after the wash but still miles better than when it was pollen season. I don't wash mine too often, tbh, maybe once a month and usually when the brake squeal gets unbearable. Lol. It's the wheels that piss me off the most - I can deal with some dust on the paint but the gold-ish tint from the brake dust annoys me.
The wheels are the toughest for sure. I wonder if PPF makes car more dustier? Like the plastic attracts/makes the dust stick? I kind of regret getting PPF.
      06-25-2022, 01:23 PM   #51
Sparky_12
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saywhat4118 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky_12 View Post
The wheels are the toughest for sure. I wonder if PPF makes car more dustier? Like the plastic attracts/makes the dust stick? I kind of regret getting PPF.
Could be. I'd still choose PPF given how soft the TBII seems to be and how quickly it would get swirled without it. Swirls would drive me crazier than the dust.
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2022, 05:52 AM   #52
The Nerd
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp xDrive

The wheels are a pain, which is why I'm highly considering aftermarket low dust pads. On another note….is anyone else having trouble keeping the black side skirts clean? My entire car is ceramic coated (including the black side skirts) and partially PPF'd….and after my first wash, the black plastic looks terrible between water spotting and dirt/dust that formed after a quick drive. Like, after one day, I already want to clean that part again. Mine are standard (not the CF option). Anyone have suggestions for those?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 06:01 AM   #53
BMWM4CX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerd View Post
The wheels are a pain, which is why I'm highly considering aftermarket low dust pads. On another note….is anyone else having trouble keeping the black side skirts clean? My entire car is ceramic coated (including the black side skirts) and partially PPF'd….and after my first wash, the black plastic looks terrible between water spotting and dirt/dust that formed after a quick drive. Like, after one day, I already want to clean that part again. Mine are standard (not the CF option). Anyone have suggestions for those?
Yep, they're a nightmare for water spotting and marks, if you even so much as look at them the wrong way!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 09:02 PM   #54
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerd View Post
I know what you mean, I PPF'D my skirts and have TLG mud flaps. Once I clean them, I try to keep Xtreme Solutions top coat on so it reduces the scratches. Also I have aftermarket pads to reduce the dust.
Attached Images

04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 10:47 PM   #55
backslashv
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Competition

Man the Ego blower is heavy. This thread caused me arthritis.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13643.00
      07-29-2022, 11:45 PM   #56
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by backslashv View Post
Man the Ego blower is heavy. This thread caused me arthritis.
It is, but get the stubby nozzle. That's what she said.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0