BMW i5 and 5-Series Forum

04-19-2024, 03:28 PM   #1
desalvorw
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Honda Civic

Driving Gloves

So this is a weird question, but does anyone use leather driving gloves? If so, does it mess with the steering wheel leather at all?

I ask because I have hyperhydrosis and my hands sweat like crazy sometimes. On shorter trips it’s whatever but I hate the feeling of the wheel sliding through my hands. So I’ve ordered some gloves and trying to see how it does.
Appreciate 3
SkykingUSA1355.50
Scrapula2794.50
      04-19-2024, 03:30 PM   #2
SkykingUSA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 eDrive40

Garage List
I used to wear driving gloves when I was big into sim-racing on my PC. I had an Alcantara steering wheel and didn't want to mess it up, so the gloves were great for that. However, I have never really used them in a real car. Sorry, but looking forward to hearing about your experiences with gloves.
2024 i5 eDrive40 / Vegas Red / Black Veganza / Dark Oak Gloss Trim with Dark Silv Acc / Premium Package / M Sport Package / M Sport Pro Package / Driving Assistance Pro Package / Luxury Seating Package / 19" 936 M Aero Wheels NonRFT

Appreciate 2
      04-19-2024, 04:00 PM   #3
LVBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60 '23 Tesla Model Y-P

Garage List
Possible the gloves could interfere with the assisted driving at speeds when you have to stay hands on. This is mentioned in the manual under “system limits.”
Appreciate 4
      04-19-2024, 09:29 PM   #4
paprmkr
BMW Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 M60 w/M-Performance ki

Quote:
Originally Posted by desalvorw View Post
So this is a weird question, but does anyone use leather driving gloves? If so, does it mess with the steering wheel leather at all?

I ask because I have hyperhydrosis and my hands sweat like crazy sometimes. On shorter trips it’s whatever but I hate the feeling of the wheel sliding through my hands. So I’ve ordered some gloves and trying to see how it does.
I use them all the time on long drive. better grip and for the reason that my oils in hands make leather glossy. also it does not interfere with wheel option as when using assisting driving features. I am using the BMW gloves. I wanted new ones but BMW dealer didn't carry them. well not even on the Bmw website.
Appreciate 4
LVBMW1444.00
SkykingUSA1355.50
Scrapula2794.50
      04-19-2024, 09:29 PM   #5
desalvorw
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paprmkr View Post
I use them all the time on long drive. better grip and for the reason that my oils in hands make leather glossy. also it does not interfere with wheel option as when using assisting driving features.
Thanks!
Appreciate 2