Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 21 Vantage, 18 Vantage, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Sweet ride

I'd love to visit Australia but the jet lag from my recent trip to Hawaii tried to kill me

Better food? More importantly does Australia have hotter women?
If you live in California then it’s easy. I leave at 10am and arrive 2 hours before I left. I fly business so it’s drink, a few movies, dinner more drink then 8 hours sleep. Easy. I think you’d have to endure the horror of a US domestic flight first though. So that messes stuff up.

Food is better. E.g., if you like seafood the prawns are double the size, calamari 4x the size etc. Everything about half the price in good restaurants for equivalent quality.

As for women. That depends on taste. Plenty of blonde athletic women. My tastes are more… diverse though.

Appreciate 2
      09-09-2024, 03:06 AM   #112
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Max and RB losing on purpose to give themselves extra time on the chassis for 2025.
Mate that's really funny ...

So , Checo crashed on purpose a $4.5Million hole in the Red Bull budget cap (!)
Red Bull called 50% from the 2025 development people back to find a way to fix the RB20 fundamental design flaw.
This will for 50% sacrifice the 2025 RB21 development (!)
See my post here => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=74
To fix the RB20 issue completely , a complete new car is needed => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=89

I think you are trolling ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick66311.50
      09-09-2024, 03:14 AM   #113
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoose View Post
There’s nothing bloody awful or foul or vomit-like with American chocolate and bread. Nothing. Only in the corrupt imagination of better-than-thou folk.
I'm not sure anyone said there was bit of an over reaction.

As for your stats about 37% of Americans hold a passport and in a recent large survey 40% had never left the country. To compare the UK has about 85% of residents hold a passport.
Appreciate 2
Davil6816.00
      09-09-2024, 05:53 AM   #114
Davil
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Just to clarify. I’m not a US hater. I love the place. For folks that haven’t been there it is more like 50 countries in one. Everywhere is so different. Almost to European levels. Each state has their own culture.

I even got married there. My kids even have 3 passports. UK, US and Australia. I was born in UK but grew up here.

What I’ve admired the most about the US is the can do positive attitude. Compared to most countries the lack of tall poppy syndrome. The joy in other people’s success. So refreshing.

I feel that attitude is now in some trouble and has been for some time. I’ve noticed it more and more on my visits. I hope there is a reboot in November. That positive attitude can’t ever die. It’s what the country is built on and why it is so great.

Australia is culturally in the middle of UK and US. Americans love it here just as much as we love it over there. We celebrate success unless you get too big for your boots. UK generally chops people down early. Having said that Australians still love to visit the UK as well.

I could happily live in San Diego county. That’s my number 1 pick. Carlsbad, Encinitas, La Jolla. Then again it’s weirdly like where I live so perhaps that’s some bias. Possibly the worst place in recent memory is San Francisco. It has turned into a horror movie.

Remember those old adventure games? You leave your hotel room. Do you turn left or right? You turn left. You are confronted by the stench of urine and are attacked by a drug addled zombie. You turn right you reach luxury shops but are accosted by beggars. You continue onwards, down a steep hill and reach a pier sanctuary with lovely restaurants.

Finally. We have better food. And better F1 drivers.

But you have awesome car museums.

What a place!

Attached Images

Appreciate 4
M5Rick66311.50
dfox1077.50
      09-09-2024, 07:02 AM   #115
Marcoose
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 sDrive35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
As for your stats about 37% of Americans hold a passport and in a recent large survey 40% had never left the country.
There were 160.7 million valid US passports in circulation as of September 2023, according to data from the State Department. And I believe until 2009 you could cross the borders with Mexico and Canada with a just driver’s licence.

Be as it may, chocolate and bread in America are just fine. There are literally thousands of mass production and boutique chocolatiers and bakers in America. The choice is practically countless. The vast majority of Americans know the difference between good and bad. Obviously there are the infamous ‘food deserts’. (With my work I’ve been to a few and indeed it sucks donkey balls.) But I doubt our multi-passport, business-class, Porsche-driver, jet setter visits those very often. He’s a 1% living the dream. (I too am guilty of that.) Only in his corrupt imagination he ate vomit-tasting chocolate and bread in America.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 07:06 AM   #116
Marcoose
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Just to clarify. I’m not a US hater. I love the place.
Weird, because you do shit where you eat.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 07:37 AM   #117
Marcoose
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Possibly the worst place in recent memory is San Francisco. It has turned into a horror movie.

Remember those old adventure games? You leave your hotel room. Do you turn left or right? You turn left. You are confronted by the stench of urine and are attacked by a drug addled zombie. You turn right you reach luxury shops but are accosted by beggars. You continue onwards, down a steep hill and reach a pier sanctuary with lovely restaurants.
Nah. None of that is true. I live in San Francisco. It is true and very sad that our homeless situation has escalated. I walked Ellis Street last summer and couldn’t believe my eyes. But very few folk are attacked and accosted by hoards of beggars. They mostly leave you alone. And the homeless situation is acute here because some Republican mayors and governors literally buy one-way bus tickets for their homeless to come to San Francisco. Way to help, right ? However, the situation is nationwide. Even Billings, Montana has a homeless problem. But for us locals, avoid the Tenderloin and another 1-2 pockets, and we never ever see the adventure games scenarios you’re dreaming of.

Seriously, what the f@@k is wrong with you ?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 07:44 AM   #118
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
If you live in California then it’s easy. I leave at 10am and arrive 2 hours before I left. I fly business so it’s drink, a few movies, dinner more drink then 8 hours sleep. Easy. I think you’d have to endure the horror of a US domestic flight first though. So that messes stuff up.

Food is better. E.g., if you like seafood the prawns are double the size, calamari 4x the size etc. Everything about half the price in good restaurants for equivalent quality.

As for women. That depends on taste. Plenty of blonde athletic women. My tastes are more… diverse though.
Nope, east coast here but going would still be manageable. Losing time coming home is the nightmare. I don't sleep well on planes and I hate the red eye
Appreciate 2
      09-09-2024, 10:48 AM   #119
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Nah they break to many plates...
Nando ....

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick66311.50
dfox1077.50
      09-09-2024, 11:24 AM   #120
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
We have better food.
Vegimite is an Australian staple...

There's bad food everywhere. Just gotta know what to get and from where.

You can't just go to Malibu and declare that the entire country has crap food. Some things worth trying - a lobster roll from the new England coast - Best I had was out on the Mass coast. BBQ - this is a controversial topic and there's lots of different types of BBQ out there, but best I ever had was in Kansas City. If you want to clog your arteries in one sitting, grab yourself a legit Philly Cheesesteak from south philly. Also had some absolutely incredible american/mexican fusion in Santa Fe New Mexico. Try a good Chicago deep dish pizza. There are a lot of really great regional foods in the US.

Australia is certainly a place I'd like to travel to. Spent a few hours in the Sidney airport on my way back from a few week trip to NZ some years ago. That flight and the jet lag kinda sucks, but always fun getting to new places. Maybe some day.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2024, 11:28 AM   #121
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Mate that's really funny ...

So , Checo crashed on purpose a $4.5Million hole in the Red Bull budget cap (!)
Red Bull called 50% from the 2025 development people back to find a way to fix the RB20 fundamental design flaw.
This will for 50% sacrifice the 2025 RB21 development (!)
See my post here => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=74
To fix the RB20 issue completely , a complete new car is needed => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=89

I think you are trolling ...

kmag, who has clearly been a menace all season long, caused 2.5 mil of that. And somehow Checo is now crashing on purpose?

It may be that they're not going to get there with the RB20... when the concept came out at the beginning of the year it was clear that they were either really onto something, or wrong. We can see what direction it went...
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2024, 01:10 PM   #122
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Nando ....

''Now that we found love what are we gonna do..with it''
Appreciate 3
      09-09-2024, 01:44 PM   #123
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
''Now that we found love what are we gonna do..with it''
Yeah . Just like MAX , Nando will drive it as it should be

Appreciate 2
M5Rick66311.50
      09-09-2024, 05:22 PM   #124
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah . Just like MAX , Nando will drive it as it should be
On the front end it's like a bare hollow shell, an opening for the suck down aero
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2024, 08:26 AM   #125
Davil
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
Vegimite is an Australian staple...

There's bad food everywhere. Just gotta know what to get and from where.

You can't just go to Malibu and declare that the entire country has crap food. Some things worth trying - a lobster roll from the new England coast - Best I had was out on the Mass coast. BBQ - this is a controversial topic and there's lots of different types of BBQ out there, but best I ever had was in Kansas City. If you want to clog your arteries in one sitting, grab yourself a legit Philly Cheesesteak from south philly. Also had some absolutely incredible american/mexican fusion in Santa Fe New Mexico. Try a good Chicago deep dish pizza. There are a lot of really great regional foods in the
Vegemite is wonderful. But as our English members will tell you. They have the phrase it’s a bit marmite. You either love it or hate it. And to be honest marmite is better than Vegemite. It is a stronger version. I can’t buy it here anymore as it got banned for some reason. That sucks. So I make do with Vegemite which is decent.

I’ve been to many states in the US. Every coastal part of California North to South, Washington state, Illinois, Minnesota, NY, upstate NY, New Jersey, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas, Philadelphia and probably more I can’t remember.

I got married in Philadelphia and had a cheese steak at the place that invented cheese steaks. Sensational. Sorry can’t remember the name but you probably know it. So good.

Maine Lobster is superb. They are small but so incredibly tasty. A lot like our “bugs” as we call them.

Yes. I had a Chicago deep dish pizza. English folk will understand this. I was conditioned to not leave the table until I ate all my food under the threat of death. So I ate a full deep dish pizza myself supposedly personal size. It was delicious. Except I’ve never been so ill. I was so full I threw up.

I was just commenting that the average food is really bad. There is of course great food. I’ve not disputed that.

But then I encountered that weird man that seems to love chocolate sandwiches and sees them as American culture. Very strange man.

This escalated in a strange way.

I’ll just refer to him as chocolate sandwich man.

Anyway. Probably best to get back to F1.

I’m over the moon about Newey. The future is bright. Very bright.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2024, 10:50 AM   #126
Marcoose
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was just commenting that the average food is really bad. There is of course great food. I’ve not disputed that.

But then I encountered that weird man that seems to love chocolate sandwiches and sees them as American culture. Very strange man.

This escalated in a strange way.

I’ll just refer to him as chocolate sandwich man.
Your flights of fantasy are becoming the stuff of legend. You tell of people you met that never met you, you tell of homeless hoards that don't exist, you say you didn't say things that you said. Not to mention doubling-down on arrogance and privilege. (When I'm called on my sh!t, I quickly apologise, but obviously I had a different upbringing.)

Quote:
US chocolate ... has butyric acid in it. The other thing that has butyric acid in it is vomit. US bread is also revolting. ... it is basically inedible.
Quote:
I just said the chocolate and typical bread is bloody awful.
(Speaking of upbringing, back in the old country, there was this flaky roll, distant cousin of a croissant, and these cheap chocolate sticks. We did make chocolate sandwiches of out them.)

Quote:
Anyway. Probably best to get back to F1.
Nicest thing you've said so far. Agreed.
      09-10-2024, 11:01 AM   #127
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
VI was just commenting that the average food is really bad. There is of course great food. I’ve not disputed that.
Not sure I can agree on that vegimite stuff... it's like making jam out of soy sauce. An acquired taste, I presume.

The average American anything is quite interesting (embarrassing, almost), and yeah, average food is generally terrible when I back up and think about it. I just don't eat any of it. Focus on the good stuff
Appreciate 1
Davil6816.00
      09-11-2024, 02:47 AM   #128
Davil
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
Not sure I can agree on that vegimite stuff... it's like making jam out of soy sauce.
Yes it’s a weird concept. Once you explain to Americans it’s a savoury thing they approach it differently. But I suspect you need to be weened on it.

Maybe like chocolate sandwiches.

Apparently I’m “privileged” though. So you can likely ignore all my opinions. Weird that 10 years ago I had problems sleeping wondering where the money was going to come from to pay my bills. Amazing what hard work and believing in yourself can do. There will always be simple, jealous people putting it down to “privilege” though.

But remember that I also apparently make things up. Like the guy one foot from my face yelling at me when I turned right in SF. Or the 20+ people I had to avoid that were screaming at the universe.

I believe it’s somehow related to chocolate sandwiches.
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2024, 03:27 AM   #129
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Yes it’s a weird concept. Once you explain to Americans it’s a savoury thing they approach it differently. But I suspect you need to be weened on it.

Maybe like chocolate sandwiches.

Apparently I’m “privileged” though. So you can likely ignore all my opinions. Weird that 10 years ago I had problems sleeping wondering where the money was going to come from to pay my bills. Amazing what hard work and believing in yourself can do. There will always be simple, jealous people putting it down to “privilege” though.

But remember that I also apparently make things up. Like the guy one foot from my face yelling at me when I turned right in SF. Or the 20+ people I had to avoid that were screaming at the universe.

I believe it’s somehow related to chocolate sandwiches.
Lets not even mention fried bananas.
Appreciate 2
      09-11-2024, 03:38 AM   #130
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M550i; Swift Sport 6MT; EV6 GT

Quote:
Lets not even mention fried bananas.
have you tried fried ice cream?
Appreciate 1
Davil6816.00
      09-11-2024, 03:49 AM   #131
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
have you tried fried ice cream?
Only with a chocolate flake on top.
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2024, 04:31 AM   #132
Marcoose
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
the 20+ people I had to avoid that were screaming at the universe.
Never, ever happened. Pure fantasy. I live within walking distance to the Tenderloin, in a neighbourhood bookended by two homeless shelters. I walk the streets of San Francisco nearly daily. So does my wife. There has never ever been 20+ people screaming at the universe. But wait, now you’re picking on the mentally ill too ? What a jewel of a bloke you are.

I swear you said to go back to racing. Shall we ?
Appreciate 0