ToddRGuy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A5, 2025 BMW 540 -Ordered

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiredaleDad View Post
Todd. We are scheduled for the same week!
Haha omg! That’s pretty cool, I must admit 😄 I hope the production crew doesn’t go out drinking the week of our build.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA2553.50
      07-27-2024, 02:56 PM   #46
nt25940
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i M-Sport

Garage List
2013 BMW 535i  [0.00]
I also have the same build date Week 36 (Sept 1 -7).

540i xDrive
416 Carbon Black
KSJU Burgundy Red Veganza
ZMP M Sport Package
3GN 20" M Star-Spoke Jet Black 938M Staggered Wheels
ZMQ M Sport Professional
3M2 M Sport Brakes with Red Calipers
ZPP Premium Package
43R Aluminum Rhombicille Trim
6F4 B&W Surround Sound

Last edited by nt25940; 07-29-2024 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 3
ToddRGuy1396.00
Scrapula4147.50
SkykingUSA2553.50
      07-27-2024, 02:58 PM   #47
ToddRGuy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nt25940 View Post

540i xDrive
416 Carbon Black
ZMP M Sport Package
ZMQ M Sport Professional
ZPP Premium Package
6F4 B&W Surround Sound
Awesome! It looks like there are several of us sharing the same production week. It’ll be really interesting to see how the shipping plays out hehe.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA2553.50
      07-29-2024, 01:06 AM   #48
AiredaleDad
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2010 Mercedes CLC 200 CDI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddRGuy View Post
Awesome! It looks like there are several of us sharing the same production week. It’ll be really interesting to see how the shipping plays out hehe.
Yeah. Mine will probably reach the dealer first, since it's not going on a ship to the US, but a truck to southern Spain. But since Spanish registration and customs take forever, and is manually done by clerks in offices, Will probably actually receive my car last. Lol. Will see.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA2553.50
      07-29-2024, 03:36 AM   #49
ToddRGuy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah. Mine will probably reach the dealer first, since it's not going on a ship to the US, but a truck to southern Spain. But since Spanish registration and customs take forever, and is manually done by clerks in offices, Will probably actually receive my car last. Lol. Will see.
That’s wild, why is the process so complicated? Or should I say antiquated? Is it one of those sectors of job classes that have been protected from modernization over time? Or something else entirely?
Appreciate 2
SkykingUSA2553.50
LVBMW2350.50
      07-29-2024, 04:27 AM   #50
AiredaleDad
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep

Garage List
Personally I believe Spain keeps some functions like that to create jobs and reduce unemployment. There is no such thing as getting your registration in a day here. Once they get the VIN, the dealer can request the tax-free status because of me being the buyer. They have to show proof of my status. (And with the VIN I can also apply at my bank for the loan for the remainder of the balance I am not putting down. BMW requires payment in full before they will ship the completed vehicle) Once they have that (Approx. 3 weeks) they will allow the vehicle to enter the country. Once it arrives at the dealer, then I have to request registration. That takes another 2 weeks (More like 3 to 5 weeks). After I receive the registration along with proof of insurance, I can order number plates and request a base pass.
Appreciate 2
SkykingUSA2553.50
ToddRGuy1396.00
      07-29-2024, 05:13 AM   #51
ToddRGuy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Personally I believe Spain keeps some functions like that to create jobs and reduce unemployment. There is no such thing as getting your registration in a day here. Once they get the VIN, the dealer can request the tax-free status because of me being the buyer. They have to show proof of my status. (And with the VIN I can also apply at my bank for the loan for the remainder of the balance I am not putting down. BMW requires payment in full before they will ship the completed vehicle) Once they have that (Approx. 3 weeks) they will allow the vehicle to enter the country. Once it arrives at the dealer, then I have to request registration. That takes another 2 weeks (More like 3 to 5 weeks). After I receive the registration along with proof of insurance, I can order number plates and request a base pass.
Wow. Talk about “a process”. I assume that the car doesn’t sit at the dealership waiting for registration for 3-5 weeks?

I think the biggest difference clearly is that the dealerships in the U.S. front the initial purchase via their lender up to the point it’s sitting on their lot. Of course, the whole temp tag and financing takes less than a few hours here at most. Okay, no more complaining about time at the dealership to complete the transaction. lol 😂
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA2553.50
      07-29-2024, 06:41 AM   #52
AiredaleDad
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Wow. Talk about “a process”. I assume that the car doesn’t sit at the dealership waiting for registration for 3-5 weeks?

I think the biggest difference clearly is that the dealerships in the U.S. front the initial purchase via their lender up to the point it’s sitting on their lot. Of course, the whole temp tag and financing takes less than a few hours here at most. Okay, no more complaining about time at the dealership to complete the transaction. lol 😂
Todd. Yes, it sits at the dealer until I get the registration and plates. I am going to take that time for them to order and apply the M Fender badges, and order the correct mats etc.

The major difference is that you are ordering a Custom built, US Spec Vehicle through a US BMW dealership. They are ordering a car, that should you back out at the last minute, it's no big deal. They can put it on the lot and sell it to literally anyone else who walks in the dealership, with the cash or financing to buy/lease it. So they can afford to front the price.

In my case, the broker/dealer is ordering a Custom built, US Spec vehicle in Spain for someone in a special tax-free status in their country. And they are ordering a vehicle that cannot be legally sold to anyone else in Spain, unless they are of the same US Military/Civil Service status AND entitled to own a NEW, tax-free US Spec Vehicle manufactured in the EU. If I were to back out, the dealer may not be able to find anyone else here on base they can both legally sell to, and that can afford to buy my car. So because of that, the agreement between the Spanish Government and BMW AG, is that my vehicle must be paid for in full (To BMW at least) before the vehicle leaves the factory.

This dealership does have a select few BMW and Mini vehicles they order on SPEC. Mostly X-1's and a couple of 2 series. None over $43K. I think they had one 430xi. And I know they have a 530xi they are trying to sell at $63K. But you won't see anything over that. Most Military/Civ's either can't afford that, or they have other expenses that prevent it. A lot of people buy cheap (Beater) cars to drive here and save to buy a new car/truck when they go back to the states.

Basically I have 10 banking days from the date I receive my VIN# to transfer payment in full to BMW. I have no idea what would happen to it if I should fail to meet that deadline, or at least show a good faith attempt and need more time. I'm not worried.

So that's why I say my car may make it to the dealer first, but likely you will be driving yours First. Lol.
Appreciate 3
ToddRGuy1396.00
SkykingUSA2553.50
      07-29-2024, 06:53 AM   #53
ToddRGuy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Todd. Yes, it sits at the dealer until I get the registration and plates. I am going to take that time for them to order and apply the M Fender badges, and order the correct mats etc.

The major difference is that you are ordering a Custom built, US Spec Vehicle through a US BMW dealership. They are ordering a car, that should you back out at the last minute, it's no big deal. They can put it on the lot and sell it to literally anyone else who walks in the dealership, with the cash or financing to buy/lease it. So they can afford to front the price.

In my case, the broker/dealer is ordering a Custom built, US Spec vehicle in Spain for someone in a special tax-free status in their country. And they are ordering a vehicle that cannot be legally sold to anyone else in Spain, unless they are of the same US Military/Civil Service status AND entitled to own a NEW, tax-free US Spec Vehicle manufactured in the EU. If I were to back out, the dealer may not be able to find anyone else here on base they can both legally sell to, and that can afford to buy my car. So because of that, the agreement between the Spanish Government and BMW AG, is that my vehicle must be paid for in full (To BMW at least) before the vehicle leaves the factory.

This dealership does have a select few BMW and Mini vehicles they order on SPEC. Mostly X-1's and a couple of 2 series. None over $43K. I think they had one 430xi. And I know they have a 530xi they are trying to sell at $63K. But you won't see anything over that. Most Military/Civ's either can't afford that, or they have [...]
Wow, it makes perfect sense under these circumstances. That’s a very niche market for sales within Spain, so its understandable that it requires this much maneuvering. Given what you describe, I might very well be at the helm before you. Hopefully you can schedule visitation rights while you’re waiting! 😅
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA2553.50
      07-29-2024, 07:05 AM   #54
AiredaleDad
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Wow, it makes perfect sense under these circumstances. That’s a very niche market for sales within Spain, so its understandable that it requires this much maneuvering. Given what you describe, I might very well be at the helm before you. Hopefully you can schedule visitation rights while you’re waiting! 😅
Lol. Todd, I do believe I was told I am allowed to go see it. After all it will still be my property by then. Bought and paid for, even if I can't drive it off. I just hope they keep it in the garage in back and not just in the back of the showroom looking all pretty, but lonely.
Appreciate 2
ToddRGuy1396.00
SkykingUSA2553.50
      07-29-2024, 11:09 AM   #55
nt25940
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i M-Sport

Garage List
2013 BMW 535i  [0.00]

Just received notification from BMW. Production has begun. Also, received VIN.

540i xDrive
416 Carbon Black
ZMP M Sport Package
ZMQ M Sport Professional
ZPP Premium Package
6F4 B&W Surround Sound
Appreciate 5
      07-29-2024, 11:13 AM   #56
ToddRGuy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nt25940 View Post

Just received notification from BMW. Production has begun. Also, received VIN.

540i xDrive
416 Carbon Black
ZMP M Sport Package
ZMQ M Sport Professional
ZPP Premium Package
6F4 B&W Surround Sound
Omg you have a VIN! I should check.

Update: No VIN for me yet. 😊
Appreciate 4
LVBMW2350.50
SkykingUSA2553.50
      07-30-2024, 02:08 AM   #57
AiredaleDad
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Omg you have a VIN! I should check.

Update: No VIN for me yet. ��
Me either. So Jealous right now.

Update: I just found out my order went into status 112 today. Status 112 is "scheduled for daily production pack". I was told this is when they actually start getting the parts for your car's configuration set aside. It normally goes from 112 to 150 (In Production and on the assembly line) within a couple of weeks. Of course my Broker said it is not a guarantee and it could remain at 112 for a few weeks, or a few days.

Last edited by AiredaleDad; 07-30-2024 at 06:29 AM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 4
SkykingUSA2553.50
ToddRGuy1396.00
Scrapula4147.50
      07-30-2024, 10:28 AM   #58
ToddRGuy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Me either. So Jealous right now.

Update: I just found out my order went into status 112 today. Status 112 is "scheduled for daily production pack". I was told this is when they actually start getting the parts for your car's configuration set aside. It normally goes from 112 to 150 (In Production and on the assembly line) within a couple of weeks. Of course my Broker said it is not a guarantee and it could remain at 112 for a few weeks, or a few days.
Honestly, I think we need tea leaves and crystal ball, given the inconsistency. Perhaps a tarot reading

By the way, how did you find this out? lol.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA2553.50
      08-02-2024, 04:47 PM   #59
Chaos_301
Rep
Drives: 2021 bmw 330i xDrive

Mine is also week 36 lol, but no VIN either.

540 xDrive
Vegas Red
M sport package
Premium package
Luxury seating package
DAPP
M Sport pro package
Appreciate 3
SkykingUSA2553.50
ToddRGuy1396.00
madagil24.00
      08-02-2024, 07:52 PM   #60
ToddRGuy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_301 View Post
Mine is also week 36 lol, but no VIN either.

540 xDrive
Vegas Red
M sport package
Premium package
Luxury seating package
DAPP
M Sport pro package
lol! That’s awesome. Another member of
Club 36. Welcome, we can all check the My BMW website daily together. 😄
Appreciate 5
LVBMW2350.50
SkykingUSA2553.50
madagil24.00
      08-03-2024, 08:27 AM   #61
AiredaleDad
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep

Garage List
Lol. Well I am in production well ahead of the week 36 originally given. Good luck to you guys. Hope you get bumped up too.
Appreciate 2
ToddRGuy1396.00
SkykingUSA2553.50
      08-03-2024, 10:08 AM   #62
ToddRGuy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Lol. Well I am in production well ahead of the week 36 originally given. Good luck to you guys. Hope you get bumped up too.
I’m not holding my breath. lol
Appreciate 2
SkykingUSA2553.50
      08-03-2024, 01:19 PM   #63
LVBMW
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60 '23 Tesla Model Y-P

Garage List
Quote:
I don’t want to burst your bubble, but you’re not actually in production. You didn’t get moved up. It’s a bit of a misnomer. It just means the build is locked and all the necessary components are being sourced. I was in “in production” status for several weeks. Then about 2-3 days before the expected specific build date it moved very quickly through the remaining steps and was completed on the exact date planned. If you’re tracking it through myGarage, you can Google “BMW Chrome trick” and follow the steps to view some hidden data which has the specific build date. I know your situation is unique, so you might not be tracking it this way.
Appreciate 2
ToddRGuy1396.00
SkykingUSA2553.50
      08-03-2024, 07:58 PM   #64
ToddRGuy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVBMW View Post
I don’t want to burst your bubble, but you’re not actually in production. You didn’t get moved up. It’s a bit of a misnomer. It just means the build is locked and all the necessary components are being sourced. I was in “in production” status for several weeks. Then about 2-3 days before the expected specific build date it moved very quickly through the remaining steps and was completed on the exact date planned. If you’re tracking it through myGarage, you can Google “BMW Chrome trick” and follow the steps to view some hidden data which has the specific build date. I know your situation is unique, so you might not be tracking it this way.
Well, given this tidbit of very valuable information, I'm not overly disappointed about my status change, or the lack there of... Now, if September 2nd comes and it doesn't change, I might be a bit worried.
Appreciate 2
LVBMW2350.50
SkykingUSA2553.50
      08-04-2024, 12:40 AM   #65
LVBMW
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60 '23 Tesla Model Y-P

Garage List
Quote:
Well, given this tidbit of very valuable information, I'm not overly disappointed about my status change, or the lack there of... Now, if September 2nd comes and it doesn't change, I might be a bit worried.
You'll be OK. Once you move to production begins status (a poorly chosen phrase on BMW's part - should be more like "preparing for production" or something) and have a VIN, you can use the Chrome trick to confirm the specific build date. The factories work like well-oiled machines, so barring any unforeseen circumstances your build will be on-time.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA2553.50
      08-04-2024, 05:52 AM   #66
AiredaleDad
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVBMW View Post
There is no bubble to burst. I am a realist. You very well might be right. I know production doesn't actually start until 151 (Body Shop). My Broker was the one who told me that it had gone into production early. It was not expected to go Code 150 until week 36. That's all I know. As long as I now have a Vin # I can complete the financial side. I cannot follow it like all of you can on the BMW App due to my circumstances. It shows as a valid VIN, and allowed me to add it to the App on my phone, but won't allow me to track it on my computer.
Appreciate 3
ToddRGuy1396.00
Scrapula4147.50
SkykingUSA2553.50