BMW i5 and 5-Series Forum

Yesterday, 12:11 PM   #1
Scrapula
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i5 M60

Voice Assistant

I rarely use this, but I was tired and was just so glad to get in my car. I said ‘Hello Mach Five’. Then ‘directions home’.

My car said, “Okay, let’s get you home’. I was expecting something like ‘getting directions to blah blah blah’ like Siri.

It was just so nice with me being tired. It’s like my car cared about me.

Anyone else notice any voice responses that sound more human, like this one?
Appreciate 3
madagil24.00
SkykingUSA2613.50
      Yesterday, 12:18 PM   #2
dubb13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 530i M Sport

Yeah if the cabin is fairly quiet it works well
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA2613.50
      Yesterday, 01:04 PM   #3
scas12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi SQ5, i5 M60

I love the voice assistant, use it for directions to close and open the rear and roof blinds, to adjust temp. The best voice assistant I've used in a car.

Also like I can use thr Google voice assistant at the same time as it's easier to do stuff like pick a Playlist.
Appreciate 2
Scrapula4186.50
SkykingUSA2613.50
      Yesterday, 06:58 PM   #4
SkykingUSA
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 eDrive40

Garage List
I usually use the BMW voice assistant for navigation and just have Waze running in the background.

Regarding voice assistants, the BMW assistant works well and talks to me most like a human when it works. I have BMW, Google and Alexa all working in the car, so I'll never be at a loss for voice commands when I need them. Each are activated by "Hey Lulu", "Hey Google", and "Alexa". The BMW and Google assistants can also be activated using the button on the steering wheel if I don't feel like saying the wake word first.

I find the BMW assistant very helpful and reliable, especially for navigation and temperatures and basic stuff. Sometimes when it's something more complicated, I can't figure out the right command, or it may take a few tries, but the basics are good. For example, I couldn't figure out how to tell it to stop folding the mirrors in when I leave the car and lock the doors. Instead, I could get it to the door lock screen, then manually change it on screen.
2024 i5 eDrive40 / Vegas Red / Black Veganza / Dark Oak Gloss Trim with Dark Silv Acc / Premium Package / M Sport Package / M Sport Pro Package / Driving Assistance Pro Package / Luxury Seating Package / 19" 936 M Aero Wheels NonRFT

Appreciate 0