BMW i5 and 5-Series Forum

Today, 08:16 AM   #23
Slyslap
United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 edrive 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkykingUSA View Post
Quick update on insurance costs. We just got our renewal notice from Costco insurance and because my wife had an at-fault accident during our last 6 months, that caused our policy to go up. For my BMW i5 eDrive40, the 6 month price went from just under $500 to $714. Unfortunately for us, the price on the wife's car went up a lot more because of the accident.

However, I thought it might be useful to get these numbers out there for an eDrive40 in southern CA. BTW, the reason my car went up, is because the wife's accident caused one of the policy-wide discounts to cease, therefore both vehicles pay more than before.
Costco insurance stopped doing new policy in California. I was also recently taken off my old Esurance as they stopped doing business in California as well. AAA was super expensive, ended up switching to GEICO.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA2598.50
      Today, 12:15 PM   #24
SkykingUSA
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 eDrive40

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyslap View Post
Costco insurance stopped doing new policy in California. I was also recently taken off my old Esurance as they stopped doing business in California as well. AAA was super expensive, ended up switching to GEICO.
Good to know - thanks for the info. It will make us think twice about going with another insurance carrier if we find a slightly better deal elsewhere.
2024 i5 eDrive40 / Vegas Red / Black Veganza / Dark Oak Gloss Trim with Dark Silv Acc / Premium Package / M Sport Package / M Sport Pro Package / Driving Assistance Pro Package / Luxury Seating Package / 19" 936 M Aero Wheels NonRFT

Appreciate 0