BMW i5 and 5-Series Forum

Yesterday, 03:03 PM   #1
SkykingUSA
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 eDrive40

Garage List
ChargeForward Program Question

Ok, I bit the bullet and enrolled in the ChargeForward program that I was using before (the Carbon Dividend program). However, there is a second program available to me called the "Southern California Area" program, or more specifically, the "CA Incentive" program. It seems to essentially do the same thing, but you have to sign up with a company called Olivine, Inc. which also manages your electricity demand - the company is called a non-utility Demand Response Provider (DRP) and will act on your behalf in communicating your demand to the Southern California Edison utility company (SCE).

My question is this: has anyone signed up for this yet and if so, what has been your experience so far? I'm a little hesitant to sign up with a third party who will act as my agent to the utility for my electrical demand. Any experienced participants out there? Is it safe to do? Should I just "trust" that BMW has paired up with reputable companies and programs, and it will all "just work"?
2024 i5 eDrive40 / Vegas Red / Black Veganza / Dark Oak Gloss Trim with Dark Silv Acc / Premium Package / M Sport Package / M Sport Pro Package / Driving Assistance Pro Package / Luxury Seating Package / 19" 936 M Aero Wheels NonRFT

Appreciate 2
ToddRGuy1469.50
      Yesterday, 08:05 PM   #2
scas12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi SQ5, i5 M60

I signed up for charge forward and it's so far worked fine. The money is inconsequential given the amount I drive and charge at home, but it doesn't bother me and if I can do a bit of good I'm OK with it.
Appreciate 3
ToddRGuy1469.50
SkykingUSA2595.50