BMW i5 and 5-Series Forum

09-17-2024, 02:58 PM   #1
kaotiko
Rep
Drives: X1 23d '23 / 550e '25 (soon)

Order status

How do you guys track your car build status? Is there now a better technology than bugging your dealer every few days?
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA2595.50
      09-17-2024, 05:05 PM   #2
LVBMW
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60 '23 Tesla Model Y-P

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotiko View Post
How do you guys track your car build status? Is there now a better technology than bugging your dealer every few days?
In the US you can track via the BMW website. I don't think this works in other countries.
Appreciate 2
SkykingUSA2595.50
kaotiko69.00
      09-17-2024, 05:46 PM   #3
nacs
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550e, Ford 68 Deluxe

Do you have your production #? It is 6 digits. You can use that through the BMW website to track your production status.

You can also call BMW Genius and ask them for details.
Appreciate 2
SkykingUSA2595.50
kaotiko69.00
      Yesterday, 02:43 AM   #4
AiredaleDad
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2010 Mercedes CLC 200 CDI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotiko View Post
Unfortunately there is no other option for you but to check with the dealership. I am in the same boat since I live in Spain. Even though I ordered a US Spec car, because it is being delivered to me in Spain, it follows the EU guidelines and does not show up on BMW USA's website for tracking the build. As a matter of fact BMW USA told me they won't actually have it in their system until I ship it to the US and report my VIN to them and where the car is located. THEN they will have ownership of warranty and such..

BMW USA has a a part of their MY BMW website where you can enter the VIN or order number to track the status of your vehicle build. This ONLY applies to US Spec vehicles ordered through a BMW USA Dealership or a Broker who operates under the umbrella of BMW USA. Any other country has to go through the dealership. My Broker basically checks all his orders on Mondays and updates the customers as to the status of their vehicle. Since the build is complete, even he no longer can track it and has to check at the receiving Dealership for status updates every week.
Appreciate 3
SkykingUSA2595.50
nacs175.50
kaotiko69.00
      Today, 08:26 AM   #5
Kefkef
Rep
Drives: BMW i5 M60

In the Uk it is the same as the US, using the webchat on bmw.co.uk you input the order/VIN and a few security queries like name, model, colour of car etc and they update you with the build code and status.
Appreciate 0