BMW i5 and 5-Series Forum

09-13-2024, 10:21 AM   #1
Musti3000
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 520

Auto window Function on passenger side

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with the automatic window function on my car. On the passenger side (front right) and rear right, the windows work when I use the normal button press, but when I double-click for the automatic function, nothing happens. There's no response from the car, whether I'm trying to raise or lower the window.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Could it be a calibration issue or maybe a problem with the switches? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Musti
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA2594.00
      09-14-2024, 12:17 AM   #2
PsychDoc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 540ix

As far as I know you don't have to double pull the window switch to close the window. With the window open I just pull up on the window switch and it fully closes unless I interrupt it by pushing down on the switch in the middle of the process.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA2594.00
      09-14-2024, 02:18 AM   #3
SkykingUSA
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 eDrive40

Garage List
Same here - not sure what you mean by "double-click". For me, I just pull all the way up and they close fully on their own. If yours doesn't do that, then it might be time for a warranty visit to the dealer.
2024 i5 eDrive40 / Vegas Red / Black Veganza / Dark Oak Gloss Trim with Dark Silv Acc / Premium Package / M Sport Package / M Sport Pro Package / Driving Assistance Pro Package / Luxury Seating Package / 19" 936 M Aero Wheels NonRFT

Appreciate 2
PsychDoc2431.50
dubb13310.00
      09-16-2024, 01:08 AM   #4
AiredaleDad
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2010 Mercedes CLC 200 CDI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkykingUSA View Post
Same here - not sure what you mean by "double-click". For me, I just pull all the way up and they close fully on their own. If yours doesn't do that, then it might be time for a warranty visit to the dealer.
Before going to the dealer for a warranty claim, Read the manual or talk to a Genius. There may be a reset function. I have had to do it for both my Mercedes and my Range Rover after a battery change, or when using the spare key fob. Basically with the window closed, you pull on the switch 'til it goes past the first stop, (Double Click) and hold it for a few seconds to toggle the function on/off. You might have accidentally toggled it off if it was working and you pulled and held the switch. Then see if it works as it's supposed to.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA2594.00