Funny thing is I HAVE a Z4M Roadster
A man of taste!
      09-11-2024, 05:24 PM   #48
LAGWAGN
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 M Roadster, '24 BSM M2

Still for sale. Don’t miss the change to enjoy some top-down S54 fun for the cooler fall weather. 😉
      09-12-2024, 08:00 AM   #49
David70
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 20 AM Vantage -13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
Places like BaT and EAG highly value 100% stock cars with OEM parts. The fact that he has aftermarket parts on it is also lowering the price.
This was my thought when I recently sold my Z4M, partly because I live across town from EAG & it's how they sell everything. Went back to stock wheels original exhaust, problem with aftermarket is too many are looking for something different than what you thought was ideal & see no value or possibly it as a negative, don't care what it cost you. Turned out buyer did like my aftermarket wheels & I used them as part of the negotiation. Sold other parts here.

Car price looks pretty good, evidently price & a buyer haven't matched up. I had a far better than average car, right buyer was willing to pay close to what I was asking.

Where is it listed? I listed here, Autotrader, FB Market (member of some groups which helped), buyer actually came from both Autotrader (business partner) and FB MP (actual buyer).

Season to buy a convertible isn't helping but right buyer won't care if it is 6 months early.

Last edited by David70; 09-12-2024 at 08:55 AM..
Appreciate 1
LAGWAGN537.50
      09-12-2024, 08:36 AM   #50
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAGWAGN View Post
Just to be clear for any future readers, all of the above was referring to another posters car not my car.

Curious though, IS there a day of the week it’s best for an auction to end? If I relist, I don’t want to make the same mistake twice.
Sorry about that. Don't know where the link came from if not this thread!
Sunday closing is preferred on BaT. The big-hitters can demand this schedule . . . and get it. BaT is rapidly becoming a cabal and if you don't get the movers and shakers on your side and pimping your sale, yours won't go anywhere. Fact
Appreciate 1
LAGWAGN537.50
      09-12-2024, 10:36 AM   #51
LAGWAGN
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 M Roadster, '24 BSM M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
This was my thought when I recently sold my Z4M, partly because I live across town from EAG & it's how they sell everything. Went back to stock wheels original exhaust, problem with aftermarket is too many are looking for something different than what you thought was ideal & see no value or possibly it as a negative, don't care what it cost you. Turned out buyer did like my aftermarket wheels & I used them as part of the negotiation. Sold other parts here.

Car price looks pretty good, evidently price & a buyer haven't matched up. I had a far better than average car, right buyer was willing to pay close to what I was asking.

Where is it listed? I listed here, Autotrader, FB Market (member of some groups which helped), buyer actually came from both Autotrader (business partner) and FB MP (actual buyer).

Season to buy a convertible isn't helping but right buyer won't care if it is 6 months early.
Good feedback. Thanks! I'm in Texas, so there are 4-ish decent months left of top-down enjoyment. Agree though, my thinking is the buyer of a car like this is thinking longer term since so much has been done preventative on the car.

I currently have the car: here, Bimmerforums, Collectorchassis, and Mroadsterbuyersguide. I will look into posting on FB Marketplace and Autotrader or Autotempest.
      09-12-2024, 11:07 AM   #52
David70
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 20 AM Vantage -13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAGWAGN View Post
Good feedback. Thanks! I'm in Texas, so there are 4-ish decent months left of top-down enjoyment. Agree though, my thinking is the buyer of a car like this is thinking longer term since so much has been done preventative on the car.

I currently have the car: here, Bimmerforums, Collectorchassis, and Mroadsterbuyersguide. I will look into posting on FB Marketplace and Autotrader or Autotempest.
Texas season goes longer, I live in Cincinnati but buyer of my car was in Augusta GA.

Autotrader has 60 Z3M convertibles for sale nationwide, seems to be a good place to list it, I haven't used Autotempest. https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...us=0&zip=45208

Both FB and Autotrader had people that immediately said they were local and wanted to buy my car, weren't local and surprisingly were trying to get me to buy a different brand of Carfax for them. Just a scam but really low dollar scam. Word of warning. I had purchased the Carfax and no way was I buying some other report for them.