AiredaleDad
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2010 Mercedes CLC 200 CDI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
I had a huge fight with my SA about this. When it became clear I wasn't going to get anywhere at this level, I went to the sales manager and the general manager of the dealership. The issue was that my SA checked the "mobility kit" box which effectively deleted the space saver spare that I wanted. He then doubled down and insisted that the space saver spare simply wasn't available for this car (540xi). It was (I verified this with the genius line) and I was livid. Thankfully the sales manager couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating and he ordered a space saver spare for me with all the accessories at no cost. So now I have that and the goo kit. It was a bit of an ordeal but everything worked out well in the end. But I agree with others that I would never feel secure driving on regular tires without some form of a spare.
I don't get why these SA's think that we have more $$ than sense. It's like they think we are not going to bother to double check the validity of what they tell us. Do they think we all came about the financial ability to make such a purchase by luck or happenstance? And not the fact that most, if not all of us are actually experienced professionals at, or near the top of our field.

The configurator told what it meant. Right where he clicked on the Mobility kit it said that selecting it would delete the compact spare tire.

So, your SA definitely screwed up. Instead of informing you what it meant, and asking you for your preference, he made the decision for you. You said before he said "It's free, so why not" as he clicked it. (Now the spare is a $150 option, but then it was standard) Then, when you came back and told him he had made a mistake, he tried to cover it up by lying to you, and saying it wasn't available(Thinking you would just believe him and go on your way). I'm sure had he admitted he screwed up, and informed his manager, then had offered to make it good, it would have diffused the situation, and relieved a lot of your frustration and anger. To me, that was, if not a fireable offense, at least should have put him on notice with the Manager that such behavior is not tolerated. I would have made him pay for it out of his commission. Lol. Listen to me psychoanalyzing the PsychDoc. Sorry Doc. This is your field, not mine. I'm just an Electronics guy who reads too much.
Appreciate 2
SkykingUSA2594.00
PsychDoc2431.50
      09-11-2024, 11:50 PM   #24
PsychDoc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 540ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiredaleDad View Post
I don't get why these SA's think that we have more $$ than sense. It's like they think we are not going to bother to double check the validity of what they tell us. Do they think we all came about the financial ability to make such a purchase by luck or happenstance? And not the fact that most, if not all of us are actually experienced professionals at, or near the top of our field.

The configurator told what it meant. Right where he clicked on the Mobility kit it said that selecting it would delete the compact spare tire.

So, your SA definitely screwed up. Instead of informing you what it meant, and asking you for your preference, he made the decision for you. You said before he said "It's free, so why not" as he clicked it. (Now the spare is a $150 option, but then it was standard) Then, when you came back and told him he had made a mistake, he tried to cover it up by lying to you, and saying it wasn't available(Thinking you would just believe him and go on your way). I'm sure had he admitted he screwed up, and informed his manager, then had offered to make it good, it would have diffused the situation, and relieved a lot of your frustration and anger. To me, that was, if not a fireable offense, at least should have put him on notice with the Manager that such behavior is not tolerated. I would have made him pay for it out of his commission. Lol. Listen to me psychoanalyzing the PsychDoc. Sorry Doc. This is your field, not mine. I'm just an Electronics guy who reads too much.
100% Airdale. People often don't recognize that it's not catastrophic to make a mistake or not know something. At times like that it's perfectly OK to say, "let me look into that and get back to you" or, in a worst case scenario, "my mistake, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, let's see what we can do to make things right." This SA didn't get that memo and one can only hope that he was (ahem) "spoken to" by the sales manager for his ego-driven doubling down on his own mistake. All I can say is that he'd never be working for me after that incident.
Appreciate 3
SkykingUSA2594.00
Scrapula4165.50