BMW i5 and 5-Series Forum

07-10-2024, 10:29 AM   #1
MrOhnoez
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 GLI, '79 beetle, '99 M3

Euro Front plate bracket in the US.

Got a customer requesting the installation of a euro front plate bracket on his G60.
He bought a custom vanity euro plate for his wife and wants the bracket installed.
It's causing some internal conflict with service and parts as they are worried it'll interfere with the sensors.
Anyone have a link to a front plate bracket (NON TOW HOOK VARIANT) that works without interfering?

It's kinda funny how difficult this is becoming for such a simple thing lol
Appreciate 2
Scrapula4165.50
SkykingUSA2595.50
      07-10-2024, 12:52 PM   #2
AiredaleDad
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2010 Mercedes CLC 200 CDI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOhnoez View Post
Got a customer requesting the installation of a euro front plate bracket on his G60.
He bought a custom vanity euro plate for his wife and wants the bracket installed.
It's causing some internal conflict with service and parts as they are worried it'll interfere with the sensors.
Anyone have a link to a front plate bracket (NON TOW HOOK VARIANT) that works without interfering?

It's kinda funny how difficult this is becoming for such a simple thing lol
I am receiving my US Spec 540i in Spain due to Military Sales. The dealer said they will use 2 sided mounting tape to stick the Spanish front plate to the bumper so they don't have to drill. I am thinking I might try to do the same thing when I get it back to the US in a couple of years (WA requires a front plate) Maybe you can get some of those 3M ones that if you pull the tab they come off in case you ever want to remove it without damaging the bumper? And no, it will not interfere with the sensors. They are designed around the longer European plates as well as US/Japan style. BMW does not have a separate front bumper for Europe.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA2595.50
      07-10-2024, 02:04 PM   #3
MrOhnoez
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 GLI, '79 beetle, '99 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiredaleDad View Post
I am receiving my US Spec 540i in Spain due to Military Sales. The dealer said they will use 2 sided mounting tape to stick the Spanish front plate to the bumper so they don't have to drill. I am thinking I might try to do the same thing when I get it back to the US in a couple of years (WA requires a front plate) Maybe you can get some of those 3M ones that if you pull the tab they come off in case you ever want to remove it without damaging the bumper? And no, it will not interfere with the sensors. They are designed around the longer European plates as well as US/Japan style. BMW does not have a separate front bumper for Europe.
Attachment isn't the issue, we can't find out where to get the bracket LOL
We need one for a euro plate.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA2595.50
      07-10-2024, 02:10 PM   #4
RichardInCA
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 BMW i5 M60

Garage List
Paging OHV_44
Appreciate 1