BMW i5 and 5-Series Forum

Yesterday, 01:18 PM   #1
agorski
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i5 eDrive 40

Garage List
Planning a Route with EV Charging Stops

I'm planning a road trip and was fighting with the BMW app. Couldn't get it to recommend Electrify America station stops (because Free charging). Can't figure out how to add stops or adjust what it comes up with. Any tips?

On my Mac I used Apple Maps to manually create the route with the EA stops I wanted. Sent the route to my iPhone and started the driving directions with the Go button. Ended the directions and the route is now in my Recents, so I think I can just select it in CarPlay and start the route in the car. Might have to use Apple Maps for navigation the whole way.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA2609.00
      Yesterday, 01:27 PM   #2
SkykingUSA
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 eDrive40

Garage List
I have had some issues connecting to the car today to change charging times. Maybe there are some connectivity issues today? Just a thought.

I am also using ChargeForward, so it wouldn't surprise me if that is somehow interfering with my charging settings changes I'm trying to make.
2024 i5 eDrive40 / Vegas Red / Black Veganza / Dark Oak Gloss Trim with Dark Silv Acc / Premium Package / M Sport Package / M Sport Pro Package / Driving Assistance Pro Package / Luxury Seating Package / 19" 936 M Aero Wheels NonRFT

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:07 PM   #3
scas12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi SQ5, i5 M60

I just tried it on the android app and had no issues. I'm assuming you have your preferred charging station set to electrify America right?
Appreciate 2
agorski383.00
SkykingUSA2609.00
      Yesterday, 05:49 PM   #4
agorski
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i5 eDrive 40

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scas12 View Post
I just tried it on the android app and had no issues. I'm assuming you have your preferred charging station set to electrify America right?
Yup.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA2609.00