View Single Post
      05-25-2023, 10:47 AM   #20
mbanck
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 320ci, BMW F34 330dx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD View Post
They should have skipped the iX and just provided a Full EV G05 X5! The model lineup would look like this:

X5 40i (...ICE as we know it)
X5 45e (current PHEV as we know it)
X5 50e (current PHEV as we know it)
X5 M50i (current ICE as we know it)
X5 M60i (current ICE as we know it)
X5 M55ie (new Full BEV Model,...Dual Motors)
X5 M60ie (new Full BEV model,...Dual Motors and more power)
X5 M70ie (new Full BEV model,...Tri-Motors,...with crazy power! There would be 1 motor up Front and two motors in the Rear.

This is what BMW should have done! No one asked for an iX model. BMW has to realized that their loyal customers want their BMW to look like a BMW first and foremost vs some new look they're not accustomed to.

Just imagine the $million$ in R&D spent on the iX,..that could have been allocated to the X5 and X7 chassis! Also, speaking of the X7, I may as well add what the X7 lineup would look like to this post:

X7 40i (current ICE as we know it)
X7 45e (new PHEV model)
X7 50e (new PHEV model)
X7 M50i (current ICE as we know it)
X7 M60i (current ICE as we know it)
X7 M55ie (new Full BEV Model,...Dual Motors)
X7 M60ie (new Full BEV model,...Dual Motors and more power)
X7 M70ie (new Full BEV model,...Tri-Motors,...with crazy power!) There would be 1 motor up Front and two motors in the Rear.

The above Models would have be quite easy for BMW to design,...engineer and market!

Note to BMW,...You're Welcome!
Be careful what you wish for. As can be seen with the new 5er, BMW optimizes more for BEV exterior (drag coefficient) than ICE (long hood etc.). So a BEV-ified X5/X7 would probably look very much like the iX, maybe with a different grille. Current generation X5/X7 are just too bulky to get decent range i guess (though one could argue that BMW tried with the X3/iX3, but the latter does not seem to be home-run when it comes to range).
Appreciate 0