10-02-2023, 08:29 PM   #53
E63M6_G42M240i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 TR G80 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD View Post
Here here! I've driven my cousin's Model 3 (Dual Motor),...just a easy laid-back drive in no specific zip code in GA. I've also driven the i4 M50 at one of BMWs test drive events and hands down,...without a doubt, the i4 is wayyyyy more car - Period! It's not even close. Does the Model 3 have longer range,...of course it does,...but what it doesn't have is the inspiration and build quality of the i4! BMW has had many generations to get their quality act together and some never-have-been-existed new kid gonna instill that DNA in their initial offering right out the gate.

Also, there are other things to consider. For instance, if I were to buy a Tesla, I don't think I'd ever do a "Look Back" at it after parking and walking away from it. That said, I've owned a lot of BMWs,...and I mean a lot,...from a '79 320i,...to current '19 F90,...'20 M340,...and '21 45e, and like many here, I can't help doing the "Look Back" after parking! A car, or any vehicle should bring inspiration to the owner, etc. If not, then it's just an appliance and I doubt of anyone here ever looks back at their Toaster, Micro-Wave Oven, Electric Stove or Refrigerator when walk away from it!

Also, I don't know if I want a hologram image of Elon popping up in my head each time I looked back at a Tesla. Now, mind you, Elon has done some great things with Tesla, but thing is, he hasn't sold me (and many others),...and probably never will. Now, another thing he (Mr. Musk) has done is forced other vehicle manufacturers to get off their butts and engineer some competition.

So, what do I like [...]
Well said. Are Tesla fan boys so enamored by that iPad and acceleration that they’re willing to overlook the shoddy build quality? I mean Tesla markets itself as a luxury brand on the level of Audi, bmw, Mercedes and Lexus and they’re built more like older Toyota Corollas/Honda civics with more gadgets and power. I mean that iPad is great and all but what about a HUD so you can keep your damn eyes on the road?
Appreciate 3
Scrapula2911.50
JMD644.50