View Single Post
      11-03-2023, 08:49 AM   #4
Stormbitch
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerGuyFL78 View Post
How would you rate the ride quality compared to the previous generation BMW G30. Would you say they're similar in terms or refinement, better isolation over bumps vs the other?

Also, the steering, is it variable where it gets quicker the farther you turn the steering away from center, or is it consistent?

The i5 "appears" to be around the same in terms of refinement levels as old G30.

The G30 pre facelift 530e was comparative almost identically in terms of refinement.

Suspension wise on the very small wheels that this car had is softer than previous 5's yet very accurate, zero body crashing or roll.

More testing will give more accurate readings and db tests for road noise... I hope to share when I get a longer run in one across different surfaces.

Felt a more "expensive" "mature" ride than the i4 but still impressively sporty.

G30 530e on 18s for reference is the quietest 5 I have driven so far whilst also being entertaining suspension wise.

Steering appeared to be consistent. Fractionally lighter than the G30 but not in anyway light like some of the competition.
Appreciate 2