View Single Post
      05-26-2023, 06:36 AM   #261
PsychDoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 540ix

I had great hopes for the G60. Sadly, I have to say I'm extremely disappointed. The front of the car is a train wreck with a kidney grill that is way too large, especially in the vertical plane. Overall way too busy looking and chaotic. Then we go to the rear where it could easily be confused with a Toyota or a Honda. It's not that it's really bad, it's just, blah. And the plastic cladding around the entire bottom of the car's sheet metal is really just a huge aesthetic miss. Plastic ages and discolors very differently than metal and this is likely to become very apparent and off-putting the longer the car is on the road.
The interior seems OK but I was hoping for something a bit more ground breaking. I'm likely to get a new car this Fall/winter and at this point I'm leaning towards the newly redesigned E-class as I think MB did a much better job with their redesign than BMW did with the G60. The E finally looks like a proper upscale sedan rather than the egg on wheels that it's resembled for a couple of generations prior to this.
I've had an extremely positive ownership experience with my current and prior 5 series but I really am having a hard time justifying a purchase of the G60. Possibly I'll be wowed when I get to see and drive it in person but for now I'm far from sold on this redesign.
Appreciate 0