View Single Post
      03-10-2024, 02:55 PM   #20
arkhi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
I've expressed my outrage about this entire matter with my CA, the sales manager of the dealership and the general manager and they have agreed to provide me with the limited use spare, jack and hazard triangles at no cost. The only downside is that I'll have to carry them in the trunk rather than under it as the car can't be retrofitted to the configuration that would have had this under the trunk floor. But I feel this resolution is acceptable. I am none too happy with my CA, however and will never deal with him again. I understand that no one is perfect and that mistakes can be made but I deeply resent doubling down on those mistakes when they're brought to your attention. This is just completely unacceptable and this was made clear to all concerned. Everyone in my family is a lawyer and I was fully prepared to sue them had this not been resolved in a manner that I felt was fair.
You technically get more trunk space lugging them around your trunk like that, because the standard spare comes with fitting that robs you of trunk space, much like the G30 spare tire: https://www.getbmwparts.com/p-g30-5-...set-pkg30spare

If you really insist, you can probably buy the fitting too, but on the G30, it only comes as a set, so you might have to pay for the set also.

Also, sue them for what? What laws did they violate? Because they didn't tell you that choosing the mobility kit deletes the spare? Good luck with that.
Appreciate 3
SkykingUSA1425.50
tsbrown1101.00
Scrapula2851.50