United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
Pre-LCI G30? Really?
Oh, that’s your car. I get it.

M440i’s an nd M340i’s engines are M Performance tuned. Not suitable for 540i, which is supposed to be smoother. It still has +40HP over the older one.
X5 and X7 have the same engine.

Designer’s goal is NOT to make cars that look like each other. I don’t know where you heard that.

Last great 5, is the G60. I used to have the pre-LCI G30. I can’t even imagine the mindset that would call that better than this. There’s absolutely no comparison.

G60 may be the biggest jump ever in 5 series history.
G60 will have cool tech. All new cars have the best tech. That’s part of being new. So tech wise, yes of course.

The G30 and F10 are both much better looking cars than the G60. I’m not even saying it’s ugly. It’s just boring looking and kind of has some “fad” look to it that I don’t think will age very well.

I do kind of get a kick out of the “pre LCI/LCI” statements. I’m aware they look different, I specifically chose one over the other. But at the same time, the difference isn’t that huge. It’s the headlights, tail lights, some minor differences in the front bumper, and the 19” wheels changed. But it’s the same shape and the same body. When comparing the generations, I don’t think there’s much use in specifying LCI or pre LCI. The G30 and F10 are better looking than the G60, regardless of which year.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 1