View Single Post
      05-23-2023, 07:29 AM   #2395
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I'm not anti EV. Never have been anti EV; I had an electric garden tractor in 1973 (GE ElecTrak Model E-15). Today, I use an electric push mower to cut the small areas of my yard.

I'm anti banning the consumption of gasoline because I think it makes for a better portable fuel than a chemical battery. Gasoline/diesel are not bad fuels, we just need to rethink the ways to use them. BEVs are an antiquated design and technology that are ultimately limited in range and recharge performance that will never match ICE. You keep saying the tech will improve but never say how. BEV hasn't improved much in 10 years to get anywhere near gasoline as a fuel source. 25 minutes to 80% (250 miles) is not even close to gasoline. As I showed my 17-year old E90 has a 480 mile range and 5 minute recharge rate in Winter Spring Summer and Fall. LOL at BEV.
That 25 minute charge is often longer as often charging stations are broken or out of service and as there are more EV's on the road then there will be line ups. You may wait an hour before you can get your 25 min charge. I get pissed when I pull into the gas station and I have to wait for a pump, and usually continue my trip until I get to one that there isn't a line up.
Appreciate 2
zx10guy5149.50
Efthreeoh17416.00