05-23-2023, 07:11 AM   #2394
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
It’s 25 minutes or so to get to 80% TODAY.

Are you really saying 13 years from now this won’t improve?

It seems that you anti ev people DONT WANT it to improve which is odd.

If this was a vote on whether or not you guys want this to happen then that’s a different story.

Fact is, it’s going to happen so why not patiently wait for this technology to improve? Because it will.
I'm not anti EV. Never have been anti EV; I had an electric garden tractor in 1973 (GE ElecTrak Model E-15). Today, I use an electric push mower to cut the small areas of my yard.

I'm anti banning the consumption of gasoline because I think it makes for a better portable fuel than a chemical battery. Gasoline/diesel are not bad fuels, we just need to rethink the ways to use them. BEVs are an antiquated design and technology that are ultimately limited in range and recharge performance that will never match ICE. You keep saying the tech will improve but never say how. BEV hasn't improved much in 10 years to get anywhere near gasoline as a fuel source. 25 minutes to 80% (240 miles) is not even close to gasoline. As I showed, my 17-year old E90 has a 480 mile range and 5 minute recharge rate in Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. LOL at BEV.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 05-23-2023 at 10:38 AM..
Appreciate 1