View Single Post
      01-11-2024, 01:26 PM   #16
bmwterp
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW I5M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deho View Post
Depends on the charging infrastructure in your region of the world. I travel a lot (for work) and my car is almost only used for long distances. The range of the i5 is plenty if you can easily find chargers on the road, which is the case in my province. Our government had a big push for chargers and it paid off. The result: 20% of cars sold here last year were EVs and it's only going up.

Range is important if you do long distances but I'd argue that once your car can do about 250 miles on a charge speed of charge and charging infrastructure becomes everything, since anyway you still have to stop once in a while for breaks.
I love my I5M60. But, if I drove a lot or need to rely on public charging, I would have 100% got a Tesla (maybe a Lucid) or waited to see how the new partnership with Tesla goes. If BMW can access most of the Tesla network, that's probably solving most of the issues.

Also, I really don't think this is a good M550 replacement. Its more like a smaller 7 series. If you love the BMW badge, smooth ride, tech, and refinement, its a great car. If you want anything else, including a true sports sedan, its not really it.
Appreciate 1
SkykingUSA1397.00