View Single Post
      03-10-2024, 01:43 PM   #19
PsychDoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 540ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbrown View Post
You should pursue this with the dealer to offer you the spare as a replacement part - along with the jack, toe hook, wheel chalk and the carpeted insert that holds all of it - at a greatly reduced price to you. This was a factory option on the G30 (~$150) as well as a replacement part later (~$350). Should be the same for the G60. The trunk floor is the same so that part just sits on top of the spare tire insert.

As mentioned by COBodom, M cars have had only the Mobility kit since the mid-2000's if not longer. My E90 M3 only had the M Mobility kit, no spare, and in 72k miles and nearly 7 years of ownership I never needed it. Even tracking the car and taking it on long roadtrips. Guess I was lucky, but after a while the anxiety of having only the mobility kit goes away.
I've expressed my outrage about this entire matter with my CA, the sales manager of the dealership and the general manager and they have agreed to provide me with the limited use spare, jack and hazard triangles at no cost. The only downside is that I'll have to carry them in the trunk rather than under it as the car can't be retrofitted to the configuration that would have had this under the trunk floor. But I feel this resolution is acceptable. I am none too happy with my CA, however and will never deal with him again. I understand that no one is perfect and that mistakes can be made but I deeply resent doubling down on those mistakes when they're brought to your attention. This is just completely unacceptable and this was made clear to all concerned. Everyone in my family is a lawyer and I was fully prepared to sue them had this not been resolved in a manner that I felt was fair.
Appreciate 2
SkykingUSA1363.00