buddenfan
Captain
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardInCA View Post
My car: ‘24 i5 M60

My commute - SF Bay, 25-26mile each way, mostly freeway

I’ve spent 3 weeks living with the M60 and absolutely love this car - basically it’s the perfect blend of a well balanced, mild mannered executive sedan, but with the weird ability to unleash brutal acceleration if the moment takes you and has a chassis/ride to handle it all. I was initially wondering whether there would be times when I would prefer to drive the eDrive40, but this car handles those multiple personalities with ease. There are times when I want just a really comfortable ride and a car that can happily purr around - the i5 M60 does all of that. It has a reassuring heft - the cabin feels really well put together, no rattles or squeaks for me and the car handles poor quality pavement really well - far better than my beloved old 328i wagon with sport suspension. With the curb weight on this thing, it’s probably flattening out the bumps in the road at the same time….A lot of my driving is freeway, but the local back roads out here in the East Bay provide a great opportunity for the chassis to shine - it’s surprisingly chuckable. It’s equally at home slipping into sport mode and enjoying the twisties, as it is eating up the miles on the freeway. It’s definitely much bigger/heavier than my 3 series, but the chassis and suspension really do mask that to a remarkable degree.

In general, I commute in Personal driving mode - not especially heavy throttle, not super light on the way in, but on my way home when traffic is worse I’ve played with Efficient mode. It’s pretty [...]
Awesome car, awesome color! Enjoy!
What are your monthly payments?
Appreciate 0