04-17-2024, 02:05 AM   #57
LVBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60 '23 Tesla Model Y-P

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkykingUSA View Post
I had my iDrive controller replaced today at the dealership because my original one was delivered with a sharp edge sticking out of the controller knob. Since they couldn't replace just the knob, they had to replace the whole iDrive electronics in the center console. As a result, I am now on version 03/2024.42 and can finally subscribe to the Parking Assistant Professional (which I did).

Based on the description below, I'm not sure what added functionality it provides because it sounds like it already does what's described in the screenshot, but I guess I'll find out. Does anyone remember what additional functionality the Pro gives you? I think one of the features was the ability to save a specific parking entry and exit that you can repeat upon command, but I'm not sure. I'll have to play with it this week to confirm.

When I signed up it gave a number of payment options from a monthly subscription fee to a permanent one-time fee (about $220 for the lifetime fee). I chose the 3 month free trial option for $0. After that I can decide which subscription model to pick or to pay the one-time price for the permanent feature. I remember they also had a three-year fee (I suppose for those leasing and planning to return the vehicle at the end). Lots of options.

EDIT: I remembered that it also provided the ability to remotely park the vehicle from standing outside it. I found this old thread which helped: https://g60.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2073026
Parking assistant professional adds a number of features including remote control parking through the app. It also allows automated parking in spaces with just lines and no cars on either side. Plus requires cars on either side for automated parking. It also allows you to record longer paths which the car can then execute autonomously such as driving into or backing out of a driveway or garage.
Appreciate 3
SkykingUSA1445.00
deutsch1004040.50
Scrapula2887.50