View Single Post
      04-10-2024, 04:08 PM   #103
RichardInCA
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 BMW i5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
My concern about pure EV's is that these technologies are in their infancies and I think there will likely be massive improvements in battery technology and storage capacity over the next several years and I'd be wary to find that today's state of the art EV could be tomorrow's cassette tape in a world of high res CDs. Also the issue of charging availability and lack of standardization in EV chargers are an additional concern. I can see an EV in my future perhaps but right now there are too many question marks for me at least.
Understood - but there’s a difference between battery capacity/tech and whether the entire EV is ready for prime time. Honestly, I expect with Neue Klasse we’ll see a nice improvement in battery tech BUT…the real improvements will come from efficiency improvements too. That being said, I find my i5 to be incredibly capable and the actual mechanicals of the EV have been flawless. The blending between regenerative braking and mechanical braking is imperceptible. The throttle response is great and I consider this a solid product, not in anyway a beta version of some future car.
Appreciate 4
Scrapula2920.50
LVBMW1570.00
SkykingUSA1467.50