05-30-2023, 08:24 PM   #2506
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
I don't disagree, I think if there were no incentives/rebates then sales would be pretty low. I guess time will tell.
That's my point. It's not true. At least not for Tesla from the data I have seen. Their rebates started getting cut in 2019 and were completely gone by 2020 yet they set sales records every year even though they had no tax credits. The data I have seen indicates this year might end up being lower than last year when they had no incentives. Of course inflation and all rest of it I'm sure plays a role, but if incentives were the primary motivating factor in people buying a Tesla vs an ICE then between 2019-2022 sales should have declined and they only increased.

As an ex-ev hater I think the reason they don't sell more is because of false range anxiety fears and political/social stigma associated with them. My guess is if anyone who is a candidate for an EV (has a home with garage or somewhere to charge it) was given an EV to use for a few weeks... I think the majority of them would be converts.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13598.00