05-30-2023, 08:20 PM   #2505
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I just bought an ICE miata, my sister in law just bought a massive gas guzzling suv. So clearly there are no laws in place to force anyone to buy an EV. So what is your point?
And I just bought an ICE ORV (that returned 24 MPG last tank). But there are laws in place re: California and possibly 18 other states if they keep true to Cali's emissions standards. And the current Administration's EPA proposed emissions standards, which may come before Cali's 2035 ICE ban. And with the last several administration's propensities to just enact Executive Orders (like declaring a "climate emergency " - which has been threatened by the current Executive Branch), emissions standards could be changed overnight.

But again, the early 2000's era EV tax incentives were sunset at the end of GFY 2020 until the 2022 Inflation Reduction Act reestablished the incentives. When you bought your Tesla it was during the time Tesla long ran out of slots, or you bought your EV used. The current law now allows a 1-time secondary tax credit for buying used EV. That was never in the original incentives program. So, sorry, there are incentives in place now to buy EV. If EV was that great of a product incentives to purchase them would not be necessary as same for the planned ICE ban in 2035.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 05-31-2023 at 06:04 AM..
Appreciate 3
M5Rick61236.00
kyriian889.00