View Single Post
      07-28-2023, 03:22 PM   #13
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

I was a staunch defender of the g80 grills. Felt like they were a necessary evil for the brand. Being a product design executive myself I understand the need to balance business goals, user needs, and sometimes just blowing things
up because you and your team are tired of honoring things that happened 200 years ago and need to be inspired and challenged and pushed. This is none of that.

This thing is proportioned to be the size of a pickup from the late 80s early 90s. Everything is exaggerated like the crown molding and cabinetry in a McMansion in a Texas suburb. They are trying really hard to exude luxury and confidence and aggressiveness all at once. I have no idea where to rest my eyes. I can’t even sit back and take it in. I can’t imagine it’s any better in person.

At least the g80 went in a completely new direction. This thing is just taking the BMW cookie cutter design language and bending it and extruding and exaggerating until engineering and finance told them to knock it off. The back which looked great at the time is starting to already age and wear on me, and not in a good way.

This is the first miss, arguably since the e60 (a lot of revisionist history on that car. Admit most of you hated it back then).
The e63 is going to absolutely clean up this generation.
Appreciate 10
jm490519.00
NGT25718.00
WWM3986.00
bholler5365.00
bjcarls460.00
2srsman68.00