View Single Post
      04-27-2023, 01:54 AM   #21
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Well I’ve watched a couple of the videos now including one showing the enhancements to the semi autonomous driving.( notice they blur the image of the car in the cluster to not give away what the car looks like!)
I suspect they have a winner on their hands here
Pricing will be interesting, no doubt won’t be cheap.

Am I jealous having just bought a m550? No as I made a conscious decision to buy that instead of waiting for the g60
Whilst there a few things that detected me from waiting (idrive 8 and touch controls for just about everything, non round steering wheel and curved display) I do acknowledge that this shaping up be a good car. So just personal preferences.

I’m off to the Munich motor show in sepetember so hope to get my grubby little mitts on one there for a closer look.
There will be no M550i exact replacement with a V8 given all these other electrified and mild hybrid models. Design, interior and controls aside, the V8 you will cherish, and G30 is a reasonably modern car.

I was comparing all we saw in the X5 LCI to the pre-LCI, and extrapolating what BMW interior would look like on the 5, and historically a 5 is a baby7. With these videos, little is left to imagination except the exterior design.

Now the main difference we may see is in steering, handling and the complete chassis setup that's been optimized and designed from ground up for the ICE AND electrified versions. Seats also look fully redesigned. That all along with exterior design updates is the biggest mystery. DRLs will be similar to X5 LCI. Other design elements modernize the car further.

The second mystery of course is what all variants will be offered in the US. My guess is very few ICE options initially to push the electric version forward. All this marketing focused on i5 is signaling something.

M550i is likely getting replaced by an i5 M60 (or an M60e)?

You'll cherish your V8 highway cruiser for a long time!

Driving: 2020 540i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa - Dec 2019 BTO - Feb 2020 Delivery
Returned: 2016 535i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa :: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport Min Grey, Coral Red :: 2011 E90 328i Deep Sea Blue, Oyster Dakota
Appreciate 1
jphcbpa316.00