View Single Post
      04-09-2024, 03:19 PM   #1
4g4me
Rep
Drives: 2024 G60 i5 M60

Apple Maps EV charging integration & other options

Hello all, I am a new over of an i5 M60 and so far I have been very happy with the vehicle. I enjoy using the integrated BMW maps with the heads-up display and all the cool Augmented Reality stuff. I just like how it gives me the sense of this vehicle being aware of its location, SoC and status. (I am a previous Tesla Owner.)

So far, in my experience I have used 3 of the possible maps/navigation systems in this car for road trips and commutes and find myself torn on the features and how they integrate with the car.

I commonly use and prefer google maps for my navigation as I feel its satellite view and traffic data along with its ETA algorithms superior. The downside is that there is no vehicle integration and no way of routing via EV or estimates of my SOC.

So then there is Apple Maps, which has such a boring GUI, navigation routers that are "acceptable" but with the added bonus of integration with the BMW heads up display etc.

The BMW NAV system is best integrated with a boring GUI as well, and I find that the route planning is sometimes terrible, often having me take weird back roads for no real reason...

I may settle for Apple Maps for the flexibility and routing. For users of the Apple maps, is there any way to connect our BMW in a way that uses the EV charging routes in the car? If so is there any way to integrate the SoC or car data? I thought that I read Apple/Carplay opening up recently to EV's systems for just that sort of thing. Am I missing anything?
Appreciate 6
SkykingUSA1442.00
AddyDaddy563.00
Scrapula2880.00
Mac545422.50