Drives: See Garage List! ;-)

Garage List
2010 M5  [10.00]
2016 BMW 340xi M Sport  [9.00]
2019 X5 50i M Sport  [5.50]
2010 535xi  [0.00]
2013 M5  [0.00]
2012 X5 M  [0.00]
Here here! I've driven my cousin's Model 3 (Dual Motor),...just a easy laid-back drive in no specific zip code in GA. I've also driven the i4 M50 at one of BMWs test drive events and hands down,...without a doubt, the i4 is wayyyyy more car - Period! It's not even close. Does the Model 3 have longer range,...of course it does,...but what it doesn't has is the inspiration and build quality of the i4! BMW has had many generations to get their quality act together some never-have-been-existed new kid gonna instill that DNA in their initial offering right out the gate - that's not happening!

Also, there are other things to consider. For instance, if I were to buy a Tesla, I don't think I'd ever do a "Look Back" at it after parking and walking away from it. That said, I've owned a lot of BMWs,...and I mean a lot,...from a '79 320i,...to current '19 F90,...'20 M340,...and '21 45e, and like many here, I can't help doing the "Look Back" after parking! A car, or any vehicle should bring inspiration to the owner, etc. If not, then it's just an appliance and I doubt of anyone here ever looks back at their Toaster, Micro-Wave Oven, Electric Stove or Refrigerator when walk away from it!

Also, I don't know if I want a hologram image of Elon popping up in my head each time I looked back at a Tesla. Now, mind you, Elon has done some great things with Tesla, but thing is, he hasn't sold me (and many others),...and probably never will. Now, another thing he (Mr. Musk) has done is forced other vehicle manufacturers to get off their butts and engineer some competition.

So, what do I like about Tesla and I'm talking about the "total package" here? Simple - their Range! That's about it.

Cheers...

Last edited by JMD; 10-03-2023 at 10:09 AM..
Appreciate 1
BMW-X157.00